Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mad World

Please explain, how you determine that ??
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Quote Originally Posted by chig View Post
    I've seen many games explore new graphical styles but I don't remember B&W 3d comics working.
    Gameplay looks nice, but I have a feeling the B&W will turn heads, in the wrong direction.
    You can breathe a sigh of relieve chig at least the blood is in color
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestersan View Post
    Please explain, how you determine that ??
    remember the initial trailer of heavenly sword? she was doing all sorts of crazy things, this trailer reminded me of something like that. You have the games that pull it off well BUT then you have button mashers with quicktime events. to me it looks like a heavenly sword. I would have said god of war but I haven't played that.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    You can breathe a sigh of relieve chig at least the blood is in color
    At least. I dont think the blood alone is colored I'm pretty certain other things will be colored to alert you to it.

The Viewtiful Joe team is behind this eh, so that explains the comic book look. I don't think they would disappoint still, as long as not too much hype is built up for this game amongst Wii owners. From the gameplay it looks better than average to me, wiimote swinger not a button masher. And God of War is way above average

Nah God Of War was crazy it was short and not as challenging as DMC until you reach like God Mode but button smashing kinda quickly became negated when the enemies started to counter almost everything you did had to use some level of I dare state "tactics" different combo combination, movement etc....ya but there was alot of dismembering of your enemies in God Of War but this game reminds me of one I saw way back when this guy wearing a mask I think went around killing people in ski masks beating their heads in bats, choking them with chicken wire, using chain saws on them I can't recall the name of the game though
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.

Manhunt 2, thats what everybody's been saying about this

Yes "manhunt" it is I didn't even know there was a second version to it but I guess Postal was kinda over the top violent for its time also

Quote Originally Posted by owen View Post
    From the trailer it looks like ALOT of quicktime events. There a chance that it may come out to be a very average wii game.
    How did you think up comparing this to Heavenly Sword I'm not sure if its good or not but the gameplay of HS would be closer to the DMC, Onimusha, Prince Of Persia, God of War series and those didn't just have quick time events this video reminds more of back in the days with those side scrolling "beat dem ups" than inserted comic book effects things like "Spiderman & Venom Maximum Carnage" not sure if thats exactly the name but this is not something I would expect to be on the Wii but I guess since Nintendo took on the RE franchise it was a matter of time I guess

Esp Since the GC version of Res 4 looked the BEST. I still dont get your quicktime thing though. It looks like 90% of all the action games, Viewtifull Joe had the same Visual Sound effects, so maybe that is the Vibe they are going for.

Comix Zone anyone ? that game was great !!
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

I'm not too sure about that "quicktime" thing also he may have meant flash repetitive moves or button smashing with no technique involved or something of the sort