Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monitor issues

Unhappy Monitor issues

My monitor every now again just goes dead. If i plug it out and plug it back in, i keep hearing a clicking noise. It normally makes one click when it's turning on, but now, its just click click click and nothing.

Anybody had similar problems and know how it can be fixed or if it can be fixed?
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

Default Re: Monitor issues

What kind of power is going into the monitor? Straight JPS, UPS? Have you checked the Voltage? Is the monitor 50/60HZ?
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

JPS power. The monitor has been working for a couple of years and it still does, just not all the time. Its actually working now but i'm just waiting for it to kunk out again soon. How would i check the voltage and those stuff?
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

You can go to a hardware store and obtain a voltmeter, better still an all-in-one meter. Sample the voltage at different times and with different loads and see if it varies greatly. Also, your monitor may have been hit by a voltage spike, extremely common in Jamaica. Best to have it checked by a certified technician.

You should always plug your computer and monitor into a UPS.

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

dont even try checking any voltages. monitors carry thousands of volts inside and also have very trong mag fields. leave it to a techie who does that sort of thing.
    a part is failing and you need it serviced without doubt. the switching indicates maybe an electroinic fuse that trips with either over current or heat.
    do not open the monitor back!!!

I'd never even think of opening it still. I'm not on those levels. I'm wondering if heat really does have something to do with it. The room its in can really get hot sometimes and a few times earlier i'd put a fan on it and then after a while it would work.

I just really wanted to make sure that its something that can be fixed cause really and truly its a 19" and i dont want to see it go. The next time it goes, i'm carrying it to be repaired. Anybody knows any good place i can go with certified technicians and ppl who wont rob me?
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

Oh and i dont have a UPS but i do have a good surge protector.
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

Quote Originally Posted by deakie
    dont even try checking any voltages. monitors carry thousands of volts inside and also have very trong mag fields. leave it to a techie who does that sort of thing.
    My bad. I meant at the wall outlet, not in the monitor itself!

RIP Ramesh ...

24hrs 4 gran can get you a brand new ups. i highly recommend getting one.

the prob could also be the heater in the monitor. it could be going..i had a prob like that. go to a pc repair store and get a new heater..when the monitor goes do u see anything at all on the screen? even a white line?
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.