Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difference between Windows Xp Pro and Windows Media Center

Anubis

Well I tried Ubuntu and it was rather good excluding the whole in compatibility since Microsoft owns most of the market and visually it is close to Vista if not on the same level and it has its own unique features including similar features of Vista for some reason I had a huge boot conflict between Xp Pro and Ubuntu even though they were on two different hard drives a friend of mine had the same problem but I could kinda understand since it was one hard drive just with different partitions not too sure why that happened but I was using Ubuntu for a while
    I had the same problem man. The only difference is that mine booted with both Xp and Linux but I had divided my hard drive into 3 partitions, one for Xp, Linux and the last part (the largest portion for data and files). However when using Xp and Linux I saw those partitions but the section for my data and files was not visible in either of the two systems. Can anyone suggest how to solve this issue? That would be appreciated.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

hold on , is it that u were able to acces the xp drive from linux and the linux drive from xp
    but u cant access the data partition from both systems?

if thats the case, it might be a file system error(the data drive needs to be in fat32) thats the only thing i can think of now.
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com

Depending on what format the third partition is in that may be the access issue it its NTFS your exp should be able to access it but I doubt your Linux side will, I thin Ubuntu can access FAT32 as Kev007 stated not sure if all Linux Distributions can do that and visa versa depending on the format of the third partition it may not be able to access or see the Linux or XP partiton
    Intel i5 2300, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3, 12GB DDR3 @1600 MHZ, XFX 6870 2gb (Stock). All Stock

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow | If you love something let it go, if it comes back to you its yours if it doesn't, it never was.