Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Difference between Windows Xp Pro and Windows Media Center

Default Difference between Windows Xp Pro and Windows Media Center

can anyone here highlight the differences; advantages or disadvantages of media center over xp pro

i searched the forum and found sumthin but it still didnt answer ma question.

are there software compatibility issues? will it face an untimely death similar to its brother xp pro? any info would be helpful as im thinking of wiping ma machine and installing it.
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com

Well to the little knowledge I came across of Media Center except for compatibility it has performance and stability over professional and of course as it name states it has several media based functions and interfaces for media playback for dvd, audio, pictures etc... but the downfall was its compatibility just like how several sites in the past were programmed for IE and not for browsers like Netscape, Mozilla etc... at one point in time several software were not compatible with Media Center I don't know if that still stands thats basically all I know not sure if it was much help

its a start my tech j friend. thanx
    more comments plz ^_^
    i love my country, but i fear my elected officials
    Call me on 3538447.
    topdogclu @ hotmail.com

fire21 Guest

It also uses more resources than xp pro. But I see no "bling" to it, you could customize xp pro to look and feel good. The only thing that music center has that I want is the aquarium screensaver.

Personally I'm trying to get the XP Black Edition not sure if its legit but if not someone did some serious hacking to it, it comes across like Vista without the Vista issues I know someone who has it been waiting on it for a while now or perhaps someone used a program like windows blinds and then downloaded some of vista desktop programs/features and fooled the poor soul

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Personally I'm trying to get the XP Black Edition not sure if its legit but if not someone did some serious hacking to it, it comes across like Vista without the Vista issues I know someone who has it been waiting on it for a while now or perhaps someone used a program like windows blinds and then downloaded some of vista desktop programs/features and fooled the poor soul
    that thing is really crap if you ask me. just install Inspirat or any vista theme over XP and you good to go.
    BTW, its not legit! if you want vista feel just install vista. aint as bad as some say!
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Any version of Windows that you download off the internet is illegal, modified or not.

Windows XP Black Edition is even moreso, because it has been cracked and other cracked software included. Cracked software has the potential to harbour viuses and trojans.

Discussion of illegal software and downloading thereof will not be entertained on this forum. Please desist or this thread will be closed.
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

Okay Ramesh I wasn't trying to entertain or promote illegal software I just heard about that edition and thus mentioned it since the whole matter of XP Pro vs XP Media Center was brought up I have heard of several black editions before that were not illegal like the "AMD Athlon X2 Black Edition" but I guess that was in terms of hardware my apologies on the matter

fire21 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    Okay Ramesh I wasn't trying to entertain or promote illegal software I just heard about that edition and thus mentioned it since the whole matter of XP Pro vs XP Media Center was brought up I have heard of several black editions before that were not illegal like the "AMD Athlon X2 Black Edition" but I guess that was in terms of hardware my apologies on the matter
    Yeah there are "many" persons who hear of this edition and think it legit. But i have seen that version and it looks nice as well. We need more persons to make a different and nice os so our choices can be broadened. I some what don't like linux and I had it uninstalled. Might try it again only if I have no choice.

Well I tried Ubuntu and it was rather good excluding the whole in compatibility since Microsoft owns most of the market and visually it is close to Vista if not on the same level and it has its own unique features including similar features of Vista for some reason I had a huge boot conflict between Xp Pro and Ubuntu even though they were on two different hard drives a friend of mine had the same problem but I could kinda understand since it was one hard drive just with different partitions not too sure why that happened but I was using Ubuntu for a while