Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: $100 free credit from Digicel today (August 18)

By next month everybody forget about all this fuss. I have never watched one race since this "event" started, and I don't intend to, as I said to someone earlier today, whether they win or not, I will still have to get up tomorrow morning and go to work. I'll still have my weekend off, i'll still have my bills to pay. Basically, their winning does not affect me in any way, (not that I want it to) so I don't give a rats bum about the olympics.

And digicel really ago give away more credit? I don't think so.
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

Quote Originally Posted by Anaarki View Post
    By next month everybody forget about all this fuss. I have never watched one race since this "event" started, and I don't intend to, as I said to someone earlier today, whether they win or not, I will still have to get up tomorrow morning and go to work. I'll still have my weekend off, i'll still have my bills to pay. Basically, their winning does not affect me in any way, (not that I want it to) so I don't give a rats bum about the olympics.

And digicel really ago give away more credit? I don't think so.
    me rate how da yute ya think, same thing me tell me brejin them today too.

I said that same thing. Never been into sports...track or otherwise and besides that like u said, thats doin nothin for any of us but according to the media it will for the country so i guess we affi happy di world know seh we can run (--_--)

Quote Originally Posted by Rogerh View Post
    Well i just read in the paper not too long ago that Bruce is head of a special comittee until Babsy returns with other member of parliments and one member from the oppostion so that the celebrations are across parties that in place to plan a parade for all the atheletes on Sept 8....
    This is some of the craziest people running a country I have seen. Celebrate what? Our athletes did very well for themselves and our country but their are other very important things out there to be taken care of. The monies that they plan to use to celebrate could fix a piece of road, clean some drains, buy hospital beds, buy vechiles for the police force, help some poor people that our system have fail etc. It is time for us to put our priorities right. Why not just let them meet with the prime minister at jamaica House and thats it. The Americans an Chineese have won over 30 gold each and what they get...no parade....and their people is in for no country wide celebration. And for those idiots like Neville Bell on TV calling for a National holiday he should go and - wont say.

The Prime Minister has a very big cabinet, he should not be heading no committe for planning to do rubbish...his duty is to oversee the country and things are in shambles right now. Forget bout some stupid medals...We can big up our athletes in other ways through TV, radio, internet etc. Floating around the country with poor money in a dis ya hard time nuh mek it.

Its time for change in this country, we need new people to step up for leadership, especially young bright people to cut out some of this nonsense that we see going on. The world is moving ahead and we are going backwards.(not in running) what are the chances of all young kids in Jamaica making the olympics and winning a medal? What are the chances of all kids becoming a teacher, lawyer, doctor engineer? The point is spend every dollar wisely unless we will be asking, what are the chances of our young men turning a gunmen?
    Last edited by ELECTRO; Aug 22, 2008 at 07:22 AM.

is not really the olympians i feel is when bolt win gold
    Nevertheless It is only a test HOLD ON

well, if other people want to sponser them and buy 5 acres a land and a car then that good for them, them woulda deserve that for their training but not the government.... digi or red stripe have nuff money fi dash weh fi that.

I beleive a piece a land and a car can be asking too much, give the economic state of the country.. and theirs many argument for that, cause if they did them the gifts, would it change anything in the country substanially where we would all stand to benefit.. give or take.. Anyways.. The athletes should definately be appointed an Order of Distiction (OD). I beleive thats appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmasterxp View Post
    give them that fi wah? man this country in a bad state already and them a go give weh so much cus them one some race weh na give the country no job or lower taxes? ya, make a little celebration and done, nuh waste so much money or stop the country's production fi one big whole day.
    now first world countries can do that fi them people, but na we, we too poor fi that. Them just give the country a little name for awhile and a it that, just a few potholes fixed some fun and enjoyment for the people.
    I agree... the money dem win over dis Olympics that's d least .... nuh need fi done di country money on such things.... then when is back to business as usual win in problems

A Bruce still suh nuh haffi worry bout mi meking terrible decisions