Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Computer TEchnician Position

2.bwoy, i think you hard a hearing enuh. just relax man. fr you tek up the cables and look at the board they are labeled. cyaan guh wrong that easily. and just use the manual. i imagine you can read right? lol then you should have no problem whatsoever!!!

3 get in touch with Nester!! lol........
    Back to square one....., back off the ground now........

Well hope say you get supervisor soon.
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by danthony View Post
    2.bwoy, i think you hard a hearing enuh. just relax man. fr you tek up the cables and look at the board they are labeled. cyaan guh wrong that easily. and just use the manual. i imagine you can read right? lol then you should have no problem whatsoever!!!

3 get in touch with Nester!! lol........
    Yeah mi can read...and mi ah familiarize with it....

Quote Originally Posted by Utech22 View Post
    Well hope say you get supervisor soon.
    Yeah...

Day 2 (August 19, 08)....I am on my own today...will keep editing this post to say what I did.

PC#1 - IDE cable was not connected properly...so when the system boot, it said missing boot device. It was the same machine that was built yday by the other technician...the one that i installed the softwares on.

PC#2 - Man...I do not know where this man live...but tons of cockroach feces was in it...anyway, pc wasn't starting up...did some minor checks...switch around PSU...nothing came on the screen though the fan was spinning...realize that the memory was not seated properly...viola...machine start.

PC#3 - Yet again, another system...this time, tons of dust...you coulda see how the fan cover up 100% with dust. The entire system was covered in dust...and it nuh look like a system that could be more than 1year old. I was told that lightning hit the system. But there could be a chance that the mobo was ok...anyway, the mobo guh fry wi spare PSU...suh mi seh yeh...ah it dat...mi nah guh nuh further...afta mi hear some spark sound coming from the PSU and damage it...mi just tell di co-worka seh fi tell di owna seh Mobo dead...and so is the PSU that came with it plus fi wi PSU dead to...more than likely the processor could be dead to, weh unno seh

PC#4 - Brand new laptop (HP Pavilion dv6910)...just to update the Norton antivirus and install Office 03. Cuz smaddy ordered the lappy.

PC#5 - Why these Computer Store like to install a non-authentic copy of Windows...bwoy I tell yu...though mi nuh have the original, my copy of XP Pro is good to go. Anyway, had to format a system that didn't wanna let me through without activation. Didn't wanna try the Windows Repair.

Before I left work, mi neva kno seh di HP laptop had a trial Office 07....suh mi had to uninstall it and also Office 03 and re-install O3....cuz Office O3 started to bring up dialog box as if it ah guh load di Office 03 (setup stage). HP laptop seems to be better than how Acer setup...Acer nuh come built to automatically install Norton among other programs...like HP.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Aug 19, 2008 at 11:56 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yung_Jah View Post
    Yeah mi can read...and mi ah familiarize with it....

Yeah...
    seen.

the first time i assembled a pc i had little or no help. i only asked about the board being mounted to the case. other wise i fitted up everything without much hiccups. nvr fried the board or CPU, lol. it was fun. i was scared as hell. especially when i tried to boot up. i nvr connected the 4pin power to the board so it wouldnt boot. the system seemed like it was running, but wasnt booting. lol. everything is labelled so with the manual by my side it was easy.

dont be ashamed to use the manual when you are undertaking such tasks. the manual was made for a purpose, and that purpose aint for it to be in a box somewhr, but with you while working.

seems like you at work though, judging fr the time of this post?!

Yung_Jah Guest

Alright boss...mi observe two system and realize seh one nuh have any wire labelled RESET and another don't have the Plus & Minus wire...so I guess some mobo different. Both of them are dual core.

Mi finally understand these mobo, when it comes to the wiring the HDD LED etc...just to read the label on the board itself to determine which one goes behind which.

My youth stop fret, the easiest part of building/serving a machine is the hardware. Anything you can't figure out just google it. Software is a little more annoying tho.
    NZXT S340*Asus Prime B350 Plus*AMD Ryzen 5 1600*Cooler Master Masterliquid 240 AIO*8GB Patriot Viper 3000MHZ DDR4*SanDisk 120GB SSD*Corsair CX 650 80+Bronze PSU*Windows 10 Pro 64bit*Acer R Series 21.5" IPS 1080p 4ms Monitor

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by grim386 View Post
    My youth stop fret, the easiest part of building/serving a machine is the hardware. Anything you can't figure out just google it. Software is a little more annoying tho.
    Mi nah really fret....lol.....maybe, maybe not...I would say I am fretting at around 10%...

hold on. So a computer repair shop hire you, with little experience in working with hardware, to fix people computer unsupervised? yow just be careful and no bun up nobody system.

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmasterxp View Post
    hold on. So a computer repair shop hire you, with little experience in working with hardware, to fix people computer unsupervised? yow just be careful and no bun up nobody system.
    ssshhhhhhhhh!!! . lol. seems that way. but him know the theory, so its practice him need. like we all do. just hope him nuh *** up anybody PC....

Yung_Jah Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Mixmasterxp View Post
    Boss...the computer that was hit by lightning did already damage....ah dat same system guh damage wi spare PSU...whose fault is it? Not mine.

Plus mi still kno enough regarding pc, just that mi sorta feel like mi mind gone blank. Which left me in a worrying state. Mi alright now still