Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash/Firefox integration in Ubuntu 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    I think I'll stick to 32 bit for the time being...
    Well, I'm sure there is no harm in giving it a shot, if you are one of those that are having issues with the 32 bit. This is the second Beta version. It is different from the one they withdrew a few months ago because of security issues. It's easy to uninstall and remove the ppa, then reinstall the 32 bit version, which is already in the Ubuntu repository.

My biggest problem with the 32 bit was in Firefox. In other browser it worked, but if I left the tab in which a flash media was running, I always had to reload the page to get back visibility. It was annoying. This new 64 bit is work just as well on my 64 bit Ubuntu as the 32 bit version works on any 32 bit OS.

Post revert to Ubuntu 32 bit

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh View Post
    I had major problems with both flash and java in Ubuntu 64bit. I'm now using the Ubuntu 32 bit version, as recommended by some Ubuntu experts. More support for applications. I expect things to be different within a years or two. ......
    had to take this same route and feeling a bit more relaxed right now with more app support.