Thread: WebSnap

Default WebSnap

Can anyone give me a run down as to the purpose and benefits of this WebSnap thing that I'm about to research and dive into? Thanks.

Default Re:WebSnap

Man! Forget WebSnap! Although very powerful, much too cumbersome. I'm gonna let you in on a goldmine: First check out IntraWeb at www.atozedsoftware.com
    or Express Web FrameWork at www.devexpress.com.
    I have been using IntraWeb for some time now and like it.

Anyway, just to answer your question:
    I don't know if you are familiar with WebBroker: but WebSnap builds on the foundation offered by WebBroker and improves on it. So a WebSnap application is technically a CGI or WinCGI program, or an
    ISAPI or Apache module. The only advantage that I can think of for using Websnap is that it allows a Delphi programmer to "produce" web pages using Delphi code.

It would be good for us to talk...sounds like you are visiting my neck of the woods.

which version of Intraweb do you use...can it be used to authenticate a login ? how much work is required to do that.

And is websnap not free... the other options you point out cost money

I dont do web apps in delphi by the way....like you i am very much intrested in using my delphi skills on the net.....but websnap is the only "FREE " options i see..... by free i mean you get it with the IDE and you dont need 3rd party version to deploy as with Intraweb
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Nov 25, 2005 at 10:08 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Wow that was such a long time ago. Give you a joke, I no longer use Intraweb. I dont even remember what version I used at the time.

What do you use today?