Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone launching in Jamaica August 22!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Richardgm View Post
    Good find. I didn't even realise that.
    ....................and I dont think Miphone/Claro gonna lanuch the IPHONE and their system is not fully cut over to the GSM technology and I dont think they will get eveything cutover to GSM by then...

Another thing The PHone will not sell for two hundred dollars alone ....it will sell for two hundred plus a contract period ..thats how its is done for the rest of the world ..you think we are gonna be fortunate to get a IPHONE for two hundred dollars..you will probably get one for around 450 on a two year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by djfeva View Post
    What I'm real curious about though, is how will MiPhone pioneer two-year contracts in a predominantly prepaid "mi credit done" country? Money for somebody one month is not money another. Or will there be some elite orientation among the people to whom the contracts are directed? I'm sure Apple isn't just gonna let the phone come here and only have a 2% market to offer to.
    Bingo elite post paid customers people guessing 450 over 2 years," no way" you think apple a joke... wouldn't be surprised to see 100 bucks usd a month plans for this thing... alot of us going to have our bubble burst, posers can't pose on this one. The phone may be affordable but they will have you so tied up in this 2 year contract that they will be charging you or better yet your credit card whether you use it or not.... just like in the states. This thing will be targeted to di big man dem think cwj before digicel, besides techies who want the latest and greatest will not want to be tied into any phone for 2 years.

I keep my phones until they stop working... and I really don't think i would want to be trapped in any phone for 1 year much less 2.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy View Post
    ....................and I dont think Miphone/Claro gonna lanuch the IPHONE and their system is not fully cut over to the GSM technology and I dont think they will get eveything cutover to GSM by then...

Another thing The PHone will not sell for two hundred dollars alone ....it will sell for two hundred plus a contract period ..thats how its is done for the rest of the world ..you think we are gonna be fortunate to get a IPHONE for two hundred dollars..you will probably get one for around 450 on a two year contract.
    well this is what MiPhone's CEO told the Observer:
    MiPhone is potentially just a month away from launching its next generation GSM 3G network ahead of Cable & Wireless in December and will be exclusively marketing the coveted new 3G Apple iPhone in Jamaica priced between US$200 and US$300, said Chief Executive Officer Alejandro Guiterrez
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

The plans will NOT cost that much. Check an earlier thread I started with Claro's prices in Mexico, PLUS MiPhone comin to compete HARD an murdah digi an cw, their plans and prices will be VERY competitive, and should be equal to or cheaper than anything out now.

That said, there will be a firmware update before Jamaica is added. I checked the carrier bundles in 2.0 and Claro Jamaica is not there (Claro_jm) so this indicates a firmware update before the launch here (other iPhone countries missing too not just Jamaica). This also ties in with the rumour of the planned update 2.0.1

iphone cant launch nothing in ja. Miphone/claro would have to be the one to launch it i wonder if this is an indication to show that thats the date miphone gona launch?
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Thats what Im wondering too... if this means that thats the date that MiPhone gonna launch their GSM and with 3G same time... now that would be launching with a bang!
    Sony VAIO FW290 FW510: C2D P8600(2.4GHz), 4GB DDR2(800MHz), 250GB HDD(5400rpm), ATI HD 4650(512MB GDDR3), Blu-Ray Combo(BD-ROM/DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/RAM)

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Where in that article does it mention Jamaica? Am I missing something?

"The company will launch iPhone 3G in 20 additional countries on August 22nd, bringing the total to over 40. The remaining 30 will be ready before the end of the calendar year."

What if Jamaica is in the remaining 30? You guys need to report facts and stop excite people over guesses.
    when it come to the launch date to me it cud go either way, its true that the article doesnt prove that Aug 22 is the date, and also it would wud b amazin if miphone is launchin in 30 days n we not even get a peep outta dem (apart from the observer article). On the other hand the same article hinted to us that miphone has plans (dont kno how concrete) to launch before schools open so this ties in w/ the Aug 22 date

when it comes to pricing, miphone says they want to b number 1 in 3 yrs, to me they cant do that by pricing the phones/plans very expensive, when other companies have things like 'pre-paid bb service' so cheap, i get the impression they want to compete hard. In the observer article the ceo said they will have enough phones for a big crowd, dont think they would expect a huge crowd if prices were goin to b sky high.

we will see how this plays out, but personally I don't see bargain basement 3g iphone service... This Iphone for everyone, sounds good, but still think they will be going for the top end or the want to be top end of the market... that said they may use the iphone halo effect to push lesser phones at better rates.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

Quote Originally Posted by djfeva View Post
    What I'm real curious about though, is how will MiPhone pioneer two-year contracts in a predominantly prepaid "mi credit done" country?

I believe they can also offer the phone on pre-paid plans, its just that they would sell the phone for a lot more. I heard the phone will be going for around 18000 j$, which doesn't sound unrealistic since the news article did say between 200 and 300 us$.
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

Umm as i looked @ the iphone clearly i notice there is no 3g camera @ the front umm what this suggest to me the phone is only part 3g, no video to video calling with the iphone. Or am i blind. Now if this is the case i shall not be getting an iphone because video calling for me is a must.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1