Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone launching in Jamaica August 22!!!!

Default iPhone launching in Jamaica August 22!!!!

Yup guys. The wait finally has a date. In its shareholder meeting today, Apple is said to have confirmed that it will be releasing the iPhone in the 20 additional countries worldwide on AUGUST 22! Yea, including Jamaica. So, start counting those 30/31 days!!!

Naturally, the launch with MiPhone is going to be controlled by Apple, if last week is anything to go by.

Confirmed with Apple, through Appleinsider.

Whoohoo!!

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...ults_call.html

very nice i'm counting down the days to see what effects the launch will have on jamaica.
    Deanroy Edwards
    Electrical Engineer, Mobile Phone and Computer Technician
    Contact: 869-5009 or BBPIN: 282C452C or email me at derk@derkgsmsolutions.com

A lot of Jamaican will have it before it launches in Ja.

Aren't you kinda forgetting you need to sign a two-year contract to obtain the phone? Unless they know someone who ready to risk their credit for them to sign up the phone and break the contract....

that sucking sound is digicel's post paid customers preparing to run lef them in favor of the new hot 3g iphone
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

What I'm real curious about though, is how will MiPhone pioneer two-year contracts in a predominantly prepaid "mi credit done" country? Money for somebody one month is not money another. Or will there be some elite orientation among the people to whom the contracts are directed? I'm sure Apple isn't just gonna let the phone come here and only have a 2% market to offer to.

Although, the argument can be made by someone: if one has the money to buy an iPhone when it gets here, it should little be a hop and a skip to afford a two-year contract.

|--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by djfeva View Post
    What I'm real curious about though, is how will MiPhone pioneer two-year contracts in a predominantly prepaid "mi credit done" country?
    lol.
    We'll see what happens in the coming months. Honestly, if prices look good, I'm there.

Where in that article does it mention Jamaica? Am I missing something?

"The company will launch iPhone 3G in 20 additional countries on August 22nd, bringing the total to over 40. The remaining 30 will be ready before the end of the calendar year."

What if Jamaica is in the remaining 30? You guys need to report facts and stop excite people over guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Where in that article does it mention Jamaica? Am I missing something?

"The company will launch iPhone 3G in 20 additional countries on August 22nd, bringing the total to over 40. The remaining 30 will be ready before the end of the calendar year."

What if Jamaica is in the remaining 30? You guys need to report facts and stop excite people over guesses.
    Good find. I didn't even realise that.