Thread: Vista Problem *sigh*

Default Vista Problem *sigh*

Sooooooo I havent used vista in quite some time, as you all probably picked up by now ubuntu is my main OS... i only use vista wen i wanna laugh at how crappy it is or wen i wanna play game.

So anyway I turn on my laptop and tell it to go to vista.... it starts up, i swipe my finger it signs me in and then i get a black screen... and it stays there... and it stays there. As a matter of fact it stays there for so long I say ok the computer hanged. So i try ctrl alt del. it responds.... I restart. Try again... still black screen with no response.

So i restart in safe mode, black screen except now it has the safe mode text written all over the screen. So i try the admin account... black screen no activity no nothing... I restart to ubuntu, everything is fine, I can access the windows drives and everything works perfectly... But vista wont boot.

So wat do i do? I've been thinking maybe I should run a checkdisk... or maybe recover to last known working config but maybe somebody has ran into this problem and it has a much simpler solution.

Oh well... i still have ubuntu
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

u can try the restore or recover solution, if not do a repair if u have the vista cd.

dont critisize might be ur computer is old no offence just kiddin try doing check disk or reinstallin windows

Quote Originally Posted by v620 View Post
    dont critisize might be ur computer is old no offence just kiddin try doing check disk or reinstallin windows
    No man a tru yah talk. It can be hardware or recently installed software causing the problem and not Vista. Still i wud recommend Last Known Good Configuration.

Well I dont see how my computer being old cuold be the cause of the problem as Vista used to run quite successfully and has never even managed to fill more than 40% of my available resources. My computer is quite modern specs are in my sig.

I have not installed any software on it recently. I was the last person to use vista roughly last week or thereabout I checked mail, got uncomfortable and switched to ubuntu. Now I want to go back to vista to shoot up some zombie people and all of a sudden I cant log in... No I can log in it just does nothing else
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7

Did u try Alt+Ctrl+Del, select Task Manager, chose Proceses, end Explorer.exe and start it back?
    Last edited by sk@tta; Dec 5, 2008 at 09:07 AM.

Thats the first thing I checked for but I dont see explorer.exe as a process.

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Sooooooo I havent used vista in quite some time, as you all probably picked up by now ubuntu is my main OS... i only use vista wen i wanna laugh at how crappy it is or wen i wanna play game.
    yu diss vista so it f.... yu up!!!! lol

anyhow i think your problem is software related, a few week back i install a program and every time i start the pc it hangs, i had to remove it in safe mode.

try thinking back the last time you use vista was there any form of silent update going on? anything out of the ordinary?
    Last edited by T-Zero; Dec 6, 2008 at 11:22 PM.
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by T-Zero View Post
    yu diss vista so it f.... yu up!!!! lol

anyhow i think your problem is software related, a few week back i install a program and every time i start the pc it hangs, i had to remove it in safe mode.

try thinking back the last time you use vista was there any form of silent update going on? anything out of the ordinary?
    Last time i used vista I didn't do any upgrades i'm sure about that. I also know I didnt install any software, the most recent install to my vista was avast that ma bro installed but it was working fine after that because I used it after that. Last time i used i printed something off a friends jumpdrive (i suspect it could be a virus... but wah kinda virus does this).

I'd love to be able to run a virus scan, but as i said it doesnt get me that far in safe mode or in regular mode.

and of course I'll continue to diss windows vista, my vista side is completely crippled
    Last edited by Skillachi; Dec 9, 2008 at 08:07 AM.