Thread: 3D Modelling

Default 3D Modelling

Does anyone have any Maya, Soft image or Lightwave tutorials or URL to same

Default Re:3D Modelling

A quick and easy way to get links to these and other tutorials is to try a Google search. Try this approach until someone else can point you to better sources.

The only thing better than google is google in advanced search mode.

visit my site http://Jalive.com.jm - and scroll down on the main page - then click "Proceed" under the 3D Ticket - "Amateur Showcase" - is the heading. - Maxforums - is the one i recommend.

look for this: [flash=200,190]http://jalive.com.jm/amateur/warning.swf[/flash]

??? isn't anyone else on the board into 3D and Vector graphics :-\

Once upon a time. I used to do some work with an app called trispectives. It was nice, but I can't compare it to maya, I've never used it.

I was messing about on Kazaa one day and found a training version of Maya 4, its probably still out there but I deleted it cause it was too slow on my PC...

I have been using 3D Game Studio to do some stuff, anyone else do a little game programming? All that stuff is available on Kazaa just do a software search... also you can't beat google... search for help or tutorials on whatever topic... try to stick to the websties that are plain and boring... the creator has spent more time putting in content than making it flashy trust me on this...

[quote author=melbarr link=board=5;threadid=69;start=0#1214 date=1034271367]
    try to stick to the websties that are plain and boring... the creator has spent more time putting in content than making it flashy trust me on this...
    [/quote]

I couldn't agree more ;D

You can all stop pointing me to google and Kazaa, I have Maya4 Training version running OK on my PC it's not slow cause it has loads of RAM.

I have some tuts from the web but they require a hell of a lot of reading, I want something more - direct - stright to the point - without all the reh reh. Does such a tut exist.

3D modelling ware I have access to: 3DS4, Maya, Softimage, Bryce4, True space, Ulead Cool 3D

Thank you all for all the tips & pointers, Ivor.

[quote author=Chris link=board=5;threadid=69;start=0#1221 date=1034305390]
    [quote author=melbarr link=board=5;threadid=69;start=0#1214 date=1034271367]
    try to stick to the websties that are plain and boring... the creator has spent more time putting in content than making it flashy trust me on this...
    [/quote]

I couldn't agree more ;D
    [/quote]

Chris - nutn like a well designed page to keep people coming back - even if it has little or no content - these pages are more often visited than pages with boring thrown down content... most people dont like to visit a site & do more than 3-4 lines of reading... combination is the aim...

BTW - Topic = 3D - modern 3D development is not for the Web.... Note: Flash object above is smaller than any animated gif at the same size and qualiuty...[End]