Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LF: A home base internet job

Quote Originally Posted by JORGE.MIRANDA View Post
    2000 Jamaican dollars per month?, i´m from Mexico, what is the average wage in Jamaica?, because if 88 jamaican dollars is 1 us dollar and 1 us dollar is 13 mexican pesos that is 154 pesos per month and that is what i get for 1 hour at my business.......
    Its 2000US per month..Be realistic who can get $2000JA per month..Minimum wage here is $3500 per week.
    Current: LG Nexus 5 - Digicel
    Retired: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

As an employers who employs person to work from home locally, I am a bit disturb by the lack of initiative by some of you. Getafreelancer is not very difficult, there are faqs plus google to answer certain questions, yet you come back here to ask simply questions that you can find out for yourself.

Working from home is harder than working in an office, so please change your mindset before you apply for a work at home job.
    Just a woman trying to make it in a man's misguided world.
    Women dont listen,Men dont think.

Quote Originally Posted by madcats99 View Post
    Its 2000US per month..Be realistic who can get $2000JA per month..Minimum wage here is $3500 per week.
    lol, sorry for that man, had to make sure, then 2000 us dollars sound better, will have to check that website too....respect.

Default I´n in guru.com

I registered myself in guru.com but if you want to get the best projects you have to buy a membership, there are not so many chances for "english-spanish/spanish-english" translations for free, any other suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by techlady View Post
    As an employers who employs person to work from home locally, I am a bit disturb by the lack of initiative by some of you. Getafreelancer is not very difficult, there are faqs plus google to answer certain questions, yet you come back here to ask simply questions that you can find out for yourself.

Working from home is harder than working in an office, so please change your mindset before you apply for a work at home job.
    This post just caught my eyes raised a few issues for me but I'll let some of them fly for now. Don't be too disturbed by questions asked, personally for me there is no such thing as a silly question other than a question not asked. That is its silly to have questions & not ask them. Some people ask simply questions based on their lack of knowledge & sharing knowledge & experience is why most of us are here. There are those folks as well who ask questions here to save time believe me it is sometimes easier to make one post and wait for a response specific to your conditions that to go searching & reading numerous posts out on the web.

I think there is/are post(s) on here giving some of the challenges of working from home but as someone who is familiar with the local conditions what would you say are a few challenges one would face here? I'm curious.

What was it that raised a few issues?
    What local conditions?

What you failed to interpret from my post was that in order to gain experience needed especially for online work, you should be savy. Know how webpages are setup, like where you would find the FAQ link on a site. By coming here to get your question answered, you miss that opportunity to learn for yourself. If I employ locally for persons to do web work such as link building for example, you would have to know where on the site to find contact information.

Dont get me wrong, we all have to ask questions. I just want relevant questions to be asked, questions to clear up some misunderstanding.

If we read more we would see less stories of people paying to get work.

What was it that raised a few issues? I find it rather odd that folks get perturbed by the type of questions asked in forums. As you had stated the angle of your view on the issue it was not necessary to comment further on that.

What local conditions? Local conditions would include things like climate, culture, availability of goods & services etc. I was assuming you were located in Jamaica, are you?

What you failed to interpret from my post was that in order to gain experience needed especially for online work, you should be savy. Know how webpages are setup, like where you would find the FAQ link on a site. By coming here to get your question answered, you miss that opportunity to learn for yourself. If I employ locally for persons to do web work such as link building for example, you would have to know where on the site to find contact information.

Dont get me wrong, we all have to ask questions. I just want relevant questions to be asked, questions to clear up some misunderstanding.

If we read more we would see less stories of people paying to get work.
    I can now see what you were trying to get across. While I could agree to some extent on your posts my post was basically saying don't let these simple questions get to you and also to person who may have questions feel free to ask them.
    You know the truth about the relevance of a question is that its really for the person asking it not the person(s) to whom it was asked. They have the reason for asking it however twisted it is.

Anyway I am getting that one of the things that you are saying is that persons who are not comfortable in navigating their way around the internet may need to reconsider their thoughts on those work from home jobs. What I would love to get is why you say working from home is harder that working in an office. Reason being I/m considering working from home myself. Some jobs for myself but I would like to supplement that with doing jobs for others. Your comments would help me to prepare myself for possible challenges I may face.

When I say its hard, the hardest part is discipline. If you are not a disciplined, self driven person, you cant work from from home or for yourself.

Working in an office, you have a boss,giving you work, telling you what to do.

Working form home you may have a client telling you what to do, but he wont be over your shoulder when u feel like to go have a nap or watch tv.

Harder also because you will have to sell yourself, you will be all things, hr, sales, customer service etc.

Sorry didnt see this:Local conditions would include things like climate, culture, availability of goods & services etc. I was assuming you were located in Jamaica, are you?

It depends on your business, my business isnt really affected by none of this so I couldn't comment on that. I am in Jamaica.

When I say its hard, the hardest part is discipline. If you are not a disciplined, self driven person, you cant work from from home or for yourself.

Working in an office, you have a boss,giving you work, telling you what to do.

Working form home you may have a client telling you what to do, but he wont be over your shoulder when u feel like to go have a nap or watch tv.

Harder also because you will have to sell yourself, you will be all things, hr, sales, customer service etc.

Sorry didnt see this:Local conditions would include things like climate, culture, availability of goods & services etc. I was assuming you were located in Jamaica, are you?

It depends on your business, my business isnt really affected by none of this so I couldn't comment on that. I am in Jamaica.
    Well said I totally agree, from my own past experience what would be a 5 minute break in the office turns to a full length 3hr movie at home. Before you even realize it you've lost half a day. Good advice Techlady.