Thread: Ecommerce with NCB/Scotia Bank

Default Ecommerce with NCB/Scotia Bank

Has anybody done ecommerce with local banks, if so could you outline quickly the steps and costs involved?
    --
    ƒrÅzRâ§

it's better to call CS at the relevant bank to get the most accurate info to ur needs, I use e-banking, don't know it's the same as ecommerce, so best u call them, they both have toll free numbers

They are not the same. Are you talking about being able to collect payment on a website using credit cards or being able to do banking business online?

Default OK let me tell you

I have a online business and was doing the same as you are right now. dude let me tell you the response to this query is no good from either bank

I actually was quote by one bank that i would have to deposit US$50,000 to have that capability with them. the otehr bank just never returned any of my queries

I went to paymaster who seem to have the capability but after recieveing the proposal from them, its hard to get back intouch with them to negotiate the rates.

in Jamaica, the online business aspect and support if HARD for the local banks to provide this service. trust me been there done that.

If I have someone in the USA I could have paypal processing in within 48Hrs. its just fustrating what I have to go thru here in Jamaica.

I answered this question in a previous thread.

http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=62184

I found that it is possible, @ least with NCB but they made it a real daunting process, three months to get it started. It makes you wonder why did the government sign the electronic signature proposal when the backend is still not fully ready to offer an efficient service to the business people.
    --
    ƒrÅzRâ§

We need a Jamaican based Paypal service. So that we can register/validate with our local credit / debit cards.
    Need more information? Send a PM or Email Me @ Ralphsteinhibbert@gmail.com--- You can also call me @ 377 - 5710 (no privated numbers).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bawn_Jamaican View Post
    Click the blue arrow to see me

The process is daunting because they have to perform validation and quality assurance on the website that connects to their system. Remember that they interface with Visa and Mastercard which has very strict rules in terms of security. If your site is not properly written and someone manages to hack your database NCB could partially be liable for allowing your insecure website to connect and may lose their Merchant account with their overseas Payment Processor. e-Commerce is fairly new to Jamaica and I am sure with time and trust they will relax some of the paperwork required.

If they say it takes 3months to be up and running I would start on it from now.

digimon Guest

people all you need is an international Visa/Mastercard then u can use that on any site.
    just setup the thing like how www.crocusbag.com dealt wid it

when them try give u a "valid in Jamaica only" card tell them fi shove it. tell them u need US based one.

You might need a US account though