View Poll Results: Browser Faceoff - Firefox 3 vs Opera

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefox

22 57.89%
  • Opera

16 42.11%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3 vs Opera 9.5. Your views.

Quote Originally Posted by ferronrsmith View Post
    u fail to see the point, so i am done arguing... nutcracker doesn't crack stones.. choice that's what open-source offers... what i don't like this, i want to i can change it, but u wouldn't understand, cause u have grown in a culture that's teaches u to accept things as is, clear sign of mediocrity. Anyways i have made my 2pence and u made urs I may not like ur squabbling, it's a free world, ur choice and i have mine. i to be open minded and see the source
    LOL @ Ferron......... What are yu talkin about Bro? Yu seem 2 do more xplainin than readin.... Didn't I mentioned in earlier post that with Opera yu have the option of enablin and disablin theze featurez?

What more optionz yu want?.... Oh! Yu want the option od dloadin it!

PS--> Don't try 2 make ppl look stoopid caz only stoopid ppl think other ppl are stoopid and will prove the xact opposite of that!
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

wasn't trying to make u look stupid.... u know what, nevermind....

As soon as you make something idiot proof, Nature makes better idiots!!!

Think big, think smart, think linux

The reason with plugins, customization. Firefox already blocks popups. But there are addons that enhance that feature even more and give you more options/control.

Instead of 1 browser that is packed with all possible features to make everyone happy, it keeps the browser to the bare essentials and leave the extra features to download.

Some might not like it this way, some prefer all the features packed into a browser and the option to turn them on/off. But that's why there are more than 1 browser. You got a choice, to use what fits your needs and your personality.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Firefox is the best browser by far no matter wat non a u'all say

Quote Originally Posted by dupdap View Post
    Firefox is the best browser by far no matter wat non a u'all say
    So if what we say doesn't matter, what makes you think what you say matters?
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Quote Originally Posted by dupdap View Post
    Firefox is the best browser by far...
    I second that mate, the best indeed

Question...What makes a browser better than another, what r u using to compare the 2?what in a browser makes u say, it aint worth trying? As a user of BOTH Firefox and Opera, i can fairly say that firefox is a great browser, but opera is better, i been using mozilla from b4 they name the thing firefox and a tellin u that almost EVERY feature that they add, Opera had it already(been using from opera 2 a think). All the features that the ff fans keep bragging about, is already in opera...that i can tell.

And open source to me only makes sense if it gives u more freedom to do what non open source prevents, but as far as i can see, all the features in opera r highly customizable, just as much as ff....so i ask this question, what the point of using os ff when it adds nothing new to the browsing experience but u have to download to get the same as that of opera?

EDIT: Only use firefox to view sites that prevents other browser from viewing and opera's masking feature, for some reason, doesnt work
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....

speed, performance benchmark, ease-of-use, addons, pros /cons , that's for me

I respect your views ferron, but how u come by that firefox is better than opera? u tried both or u going by some sites test?
    Phenom II X4 955 (3.6Ghz), HD 4670(soon upgrade), AM2+ gigabit board, 4gb DDR2, cant afford any 3 yet....