View Poll Results: Browser Faceoff - Firefox 3 vs Opera

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefox

22 57.89%
  • Opera

16 42.11%
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3 vs Opera 9.5. Your views.

opera is good I like di interface but I prefer firefox
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by g2cris View Post
    Opera str8, even b4 it was free, with all the ads. firefox comes in a good second but all those addons are a *****. most of those features are standard with opera. and if u really want u can use the widgets feature.

I love to adjust every single thing about my opera by typing opera:config in the address bar. SWEET...

I personally am terified of activex controls and thats just about the only thing opera does not do explicitly.

The trash can has save my live countless times. The first browser to have tabs on windows. I am talking about almost or more than ten years now even b4 tabbed browsing was the craze.

If any of you guys read rss feeds - there is just no other browser for rss. NONE. Integrated email client, I never log into gmail when at home and i have 3 gmail addresses. Seriously.

The best skin for opera is meguiddo 1-4 ( nice and light) the black is cool too.

All the diagnostic toolbars that can be activated...

ppl i could go on and on and on.. seriously.
    Just correcting you on the point highlighted. Opera was not the first web browser to introduce tabbed browsing, the first web browser to do that was one of the netscape browsers. Opera did come with the first multiple window browsing in the same window though. (that feature that u can open two windows side by side.)
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Yeah, sorry. I stand corrected.

I should have said first of the current crop of browsers, since netscape is dead and mozilla did not pick up that particular rake and for quite some time opera was the only browser sporting the feature.
    THANK GOD

i was a very avid user of firefox till these newer version come out n i have alwas noticed that FF uses more of ma system resources than opera (even when using some likle addons)

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    Just correcting you on the point highlighted. Opera was not the first web browser to introduce tabbed browsing, the first web browser to do that was one of the netscape browsers. Opera did come with the first multiple window browsing in the same window though. (that feature that u can open two windows side by side.)
    Actually Skillachi your wrong, tab browsing was developed before that, actually the first browser to offer tabbed browsing was NeWS, which was a vamped up version of Emacs on the Unix OS, but the first notable browser (back in the day) to offer what we know as tabbed browsing was NetCaptor.

Anyways it's seems that FF stands firm and is pushing full speed ahead, continue cast your votes to declare who gets the techja user choice awards for browser

As soon as you make something idiot proof, Nature makes better idiots!!!

Think big, think smart, think linux

^^ What is up with you dude? Like this is some Firefox New World Order. Come on lol.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

So my correction has been corrected lol.. Well as long as we all learn something new
    Laptop: HP DV6700t - Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia 8400m GS, 250GB HDD. Ubuntu 12.04 and Windows 7
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by Skillachi View Post
    So my correction has been corrected lol.. Well as long as we all learn something new
    Well that's what we are her for, to learn something new and educate. The more you show someone something, the more it helps u to understand it.

As soon as you make something idiot proof, Nature makes better idiots!!!

Think big, think smart, think linux

umm. . . . ......i just really like the smooth scrooling in opera, it gives a new feel to internet browsing. i use firefox for downloading (it can resume if your internet get cut off during download) and for everything else, i use IE,( all my auto logins are stored in IEand i just cant bother to do them again in fireFox)
    [Asrock P4v800m.b(x86 based) ] [Seagate 80gb ide hd] [1x 512mb ddr400mhz(kingston)] [128mb ATI Radeon 9250 8x(PowerColor] [Samsung writemaster 16x dvd-rw_Liteon dvd-rom] [2.4ghz Intel celeron(hyperthreading, 1mb L2 cache]

ACid test page came up empty. The only thing present is a smiling face. Whats up with that. Im using firefox 3. And by the way, what is acid test about?
    Pc= Hp dv6t