View Poll Results: Browser Faceoff - Firefox 3 vs Opera

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefox

22 57.89%
  • Opera

16 42.11%
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3 vs Opera 9.5. Your views.

Opera might actually be better but i guess i am stuck using the familiar browser. One thing i like about the fox is when i click something... i feel like i actually clicked and something is happening. Opera shows no sign of clicking/or less sign and just goes.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

think both are good but with opera you can do additional tweaking without installing addons
    Laptop: Sony Vaio

Quote Originally Posted by jestro View Post
    think both are good but with opera you can do additional tweaking without installing addons
    True! And most of the featurez are built in so yu just have to select and deselect what yu want and what yu don't want respectively..... Some1 ask why they have 2 dload plugginz but herez another question. Why do yu have 2 dload addonz?
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

any form of customizations, tweaks, what ever u want to call are all modules, snippets of codes that perform task, same as a addon, plugin... get the concept... so what if something don't don't do it by default, it doesn't mean it can't. Options, freedom, main aims of open-source technology vs that of proprietary

As soon as you make something idiot proof, Nature makes better idiots!!!

Think big, think smart, think linux

Quote Originally Posted by ferronrsmith View Post
    any form of customizations, tweaks, what ever u want to call are all modules, snippets of codes that perform task, same as a addon, plugin... get the concept... so what if something don't don't do it by default, it doesn't mean it can't. Options, freedom, main aims of open-source technology vs that of proprietary
    I think being independent in not have to depend on a 3rd party module in order 2 perform basic task iz better.......
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

no one, nothing is fully independent, we all/ everything depends on a "third-party", whether u want to believe it or not.

no one, nothing is fully independent, we all/ everything depends on a "third-party", whether u want to believe it or not.
    Yes but doezn't being more independent better or makex yu less vulnerable?

I ain't gonna disagree that third-party apps can create security holes, of course they can, but can also help to patch and enhance the whole experience of browsing...

e.g. AddBlock Plus

I ain't gonna disagree that third-party apps can create security holes, of course they can, but can also help to patch and enhance the whole experience of browsing...

e.g. AddBlock Plus
    Yu've proven my point Bro. It only needed AddBlock Plus 2 prevent Popups. Had it being built with this feature it would have been safer just az iz.... IE, Opera, Maxthon and Avant independenty block thoze on webpagez and yu have the option of allowin theze popups if yu desire.

u fail to see the point, so i am done arguing... nutcracker doesn't crack stones.. choice, that's what open-source offers... what i don't like , i want to know i have the option of changing it, but u wouldn't understand, cause u have grown in a culture that's teaches u to accept things as is, clear sign of mediocrity. Anyways i have made my 2pence and u made urs, i may not like ur squabbling,but it's a free world, ur choice and i have mine.
    Last edited by ferronrsmith; Jun 19, 2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: typos