View Poll Results: Browser Faceoff - Firefox 3 vs Opera

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Firefox

22 57.89%
  • Opera

16 42.11%
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Firefox 3 vs Opera 9.5. Your views.

Default Firefox 3 vs Opera 9.5. Your views.

Firefox is still the fastest to me, especially with pipe-lining optimizations on, i frankly don't like how opera renders pages and caches every previous page, for optimization purposes. For me always Firefox, opera just don't compete, not to mention Incomplete Explorer (IE)

As soon as you make something idiot proof, Nature makes better idiots!!!

Think big, think smart, think linux

Quote Originally Posted by ferronrsmith View Post
    Firefox is still the fastest to me, especially with pipe-lining optimizations on, i frankly don't like how opera renders pages and caches every previous page, for optimization purposes. For me always Firefox, opera just don't compete, not to mention Incomplete Explorer (IE)
    oh please yute opera is better than firefox by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Ace_Diamond View Post
    oh please yute opera is better than firefox by far.
    It what... definately not speed... what else ???? You under-estimate firefox, when well greased with right addons, it's a web conqueror, and there's none like it. To be more precise, in turns of web technology, the fastest browser in turns rendering is konqueror which, apple used the api to program safari. Out the box opera may perform better, but when firefox is tweaked it's amazing

when well greased with right addons, it's a web conqueror
    And a memory killer.

And btw Opera is faster than FF

http://lifehacker.com/396048/speed-t...t-web-browsers

Quote Originally Posted by Richardgm View Post
    And a memory killer.

And btw Opera is faster than FF

http://lifehacker.com/396048/speed-t...t-web-browsers
    you need to use up-to date information and not something out-dated. If i have to sacrifice memory for performance i will, hands-down Firefox is the leader, opera is the breather. your results show safari as the fastest, which use's konqueror's api, which really the fastest browser in the world, but not noted dew to popularity. anyways get ur facts staright.

It what... definately not speed... what else ???? You under-estimate firefox, when well greased with right addons, it's a web conqueror, and there's none like it. To be more precise, in turns of web technology, the fastest browser in turns rendering is konqueror which, apple used the api to program safari. Out the box opera may perform better, but when firefox is tweaked it's amazing
    I uzed 2 love Firefox Nodoubt, but when I start uzin Vista the program keeps stoppin when I'm doin intense browzing. I find Opera 2 be more stable and that Speed dial feature iz cool!
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

well some of u r real switchers, but i am i a leopard, and my spots don't change firefox all the way... Firefox speed-dial as a plugin

well some of u r real switchers, but i am i a leopard, and my spots don't change firefox all the way... speed-dial
    Sure yu are Ferron but when yur frustrated wit sumthin, there haz 2 be change.... Just like ppl change back 2 XP from Vista..... It all about how much tolerance yu have 4 an issue Bro!
    LAPTOP:- Alienware M11x C2D @1.7GHz, SATA 300GB HDD, nVidia GT 335M 1GB (dis.), Intel GMA HD-64MB (int.), 2GB DDR3 RAM @1066MHz, 1.3MP webcam Running Windows7 64bit
    MOBILE DEVICE:- SGS3 T999 dual core Qualcom Snapdragon @1.5GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB (int. SD), Adreno 225 GPU, 8MP pri. cam, 1.9MP ff running Stock:4.0.4 UVLH2 modem

Opera 9.5 is cool and way less of a resource hog than ff 3.0.

I have both running on Ubuntu 8.04 and I can notice the system lag whenever ff is running.
    The fox was probably right - they could have been sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCat View Post
    Opera 9.5 is cool and way less of a resource hog than ff 3.0.

I have both running on Ubuntu 8.04 and I can notice the system lag whenever ff is running.
    I'm not disputing that ff memory footprint is higher, but other than that, ff delivers. Let's reconcile, cause the admins seem to think i am trying to raise post count.

Opera is great, Firefox is great, we all have our choices, Firefox is mine, opera is yours, the end