Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple: Underage Workers May Have Built Your iPhone

Default Apple: Underage Workers May Have Built Your iPhone

That iPhone you adore may have been built by a child.

Nearly a dozen underage teens were working for Apple-contracted facilities in 2009, the company has revealed. The news was posted to Apple's Web site under a section labeled "Supplier Responsibility."
    PC - Ubuntu 15.04 64bit Desktop
    HP Pav G60-236US 3GB RAM Laptop, Ubuntu 15.04 64bit and Win7 Home

"So Daddy, how come you telling me stealing not right when YOU copying DVDs? How come? How Come?"

RIP Ramesh ...

The comments tell me that Americans love their Iphones so much they are willing to try and justify child labour.

on the contrary i think they love money so much that they exploited these kids......shame ... shame
    PhenomII x4 925/Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P/4GB OCZ DDR2-800/XFX HD4850 1GB/Creative X-Fi Platinum /Thermaltake Shark with TR-2 430watts PSU/Samsung 26"HD Monitor/Creative G500 5.1
    Dual Quad Core Opty 2.7GHz/Tyan S2915-E/Antec Earthwatts 750 PSU/AOC 22" LCD -SERVER
    NOKIA X2 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by jazzwadd View Post
    on the contrary i think they love money so much that they exploited these kids......shame ... shame
    don't be excluding yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy View Post
    The comments tell me that Americans love their Iphones so much they are willing to try and justify child labour.
    you either. those phones you love where do you think most of them are made? yes some factory in mainland china.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Mar 1, 2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    you either. those phones you love where do you think most of them are made? yes some factory in mainland china.
    yea...like the shoes, shirt, cap, socks and everything else that some of us wear
    Black by popular demand
    Ω
    Asus G73JH 17.3" - Core i7 740QM|6GB DDR3 1333| ATI Mobility Radeon 5870 1GB| 640GB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Ωmega View Post
    yea...like the shoes, shirt, cap, socks and everything else that some of us wear
    Dont forget about more than half of computer products / parts. I am not trying to downplay the situation, I think it is sad, but its out of my realm of control. The governments of the various countries need to enforce policies.

The difference with me is I dont seek to justify child labour by saying "Hey if it werent for the kids where would all my stuff be made" or "If they are willing to work then why not?"

Capice?

I acknowledge child labour and I acknowledge that it is sad.

The difference with me is I dont seek to justify child labour by saying "Hey if it werent for the kids where would all my stuff be made" or "If they are willing to work then why not?"

Capice?

I acknowledge child labour and I acknowledge that it is sad.
    You acknowledge it so what? That by itself can't change anything. And not every single American would see child labour as something good or something to aspire to. It's something that in a sad sort of way has to happen for China to grow and develop, well certainly in the way China as a whole wants to.

Mi look pon it different, is not like forced labor, the parents cant afford schooling or whatever so they go and earn to help out, kinda like the kids here washing windscreens or waiting at the market with their mother, maybe helping to sell if they can so buy a iphone an help a yute fi eat a food
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Cloud Solutions. All rights reserved.

not really tech related, but it has a lot to do with the economic conditions. These kids probably make about US 25 cents an hour (if that much). Yes they are over worked and under paid. But as I said before, where is the Chinese government? Why dont they put a stop to this slave labor?

If the government dont even care about its people, what do you want us to do? We all do what we must to survive. We are quick to condemn it and call it inhumane (which it is) but for many families, this type of labor is the only source of income.