USB Ports: 3
    Mic-in/Headphone
    Webcam: 1.3 MP
    WLAN: 802.11b/g
    Bluetooth: Yes
    Battery: Six Cells / 5.5 hrs
    Dimension: 10.23 x 7.08 x 0.748-inches
    Weight 2.6 lbs

the MSI Wind NB is breath of fresh air. This 2.6-pound system boasts a relatively large 10-inch screen and a full-size keyboard and Intel’s zippy new 1.6-GHz Atom processor (overclockable with a touch of a button). Plus, the MSI Wind NB lasts more than 5 hours on a charge. At $499, no other mini-notebook offers more for your money.
    the Wind NB offers the complete package, including an adult-size keyboard, a larger 10-inch screen, and a very capable Atom processor. This system’s solid performance, stellar 5-plus hours of battery life, and $499 price make it the best all-around mini-notebook to date.
    Full Review

Maybe the dell mini-inspiron can beat this, time to release the specs dell...
    Last edited by AGENTDRE; Jun 3, 2008 at 11:29 AM.

sweet will be getting mine in black... but i see a lack of post in this thread meaning you techies not interested in such a mass market product... but its too small for me to ignore will be replacing my aging but still great 12.1" dell 700m with the msi wind... but since i really hate vista and am a mac convert who needs to run windows apps on the road this cheap msi wind running xp will work just fine, and will leave plenty dough for a new macbook.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds

I if I ever needed a laptop would have no use for something this minuscule but it's rather interesting though hmm. Price is like the price of a high end cellphone wow imagine that eeh? Phone for $500? Mini laptop? LOL.

But it's tempting though...total cool factor hmm. The other ones listed on the right of the page make for good comparison too.

More pictures and demo video:

Photos:

Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKExXy4EJYU (overview)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re6I4ZkwFHA (unboxing)

Another review: http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...si-wind-u100/1

Also, CNet has put the (MSI) Wind up against the (MacBook) Air. LOL, it's battle of the breeze: http://crave.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39...97991-1,00.htm

Available in Black, Pink and White: http://www.msimobile.com/nblist.aspx?series=U

My only gripe is...it has no Bluetooth like the ASUS Eee PC 901 which is marginally performs better than...they both good for comparison. But this verdict on the ASUS makes it hard to pass up the MSI (I guess a bluetooth adapter which I already own would do it):

All in all, the Eee PC 901 is a good evolutionary step in the Eee line. But when you consider that the MSI Wind NB, which features a larger keyboard and a bigger 10-inch screen, costs $100 less, this mini-notebook becomes less attractive. With the promise of the 10-inch Eee PC 1000 and Eee PC 1000H just around the corner, some may want to play the waiting game.
    Lover of Technology, period!!||Currently loaded: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Yea it looks ok.. I would probably buy the Linux version and install Windows just so i can get it cheaper..............
    www.carhuntja.com - Buy and Sell Cars in Jamaica! - Coming Soon
    www.blackspade-ent.com - Jamaicas #1 Online Community
    www.mybbunlock.com - Instant Blackberry Unlocks Only 9.99 USD
    www.starallianceja.com - Negril's #1 In Entertainment

Quote Originally Posted by teensicle View Post
    Yea it looks ok.. I would probably buy the Linux version and install Windows just so i can get it cheaper..............
    lol I'd expect to hear this somehow. lol but the Linux version I think comes with lower specs?

trust me, i love da laptop deh, looking faward to buying one for ma xmas present, if life spare..
    Blackberry 8220
    iPhone 3G

Quote Originally Posted by Jamafia View Post
    trust me, i love da laptop deh, looking faward to buying one for ma xmas present, if life spare..
    It's not technically a lappy, lappy...it's a mini lol.

Its small enough and cheap enough to have in addition to a regular laptop... is not everywhere you can carry your laptop but you can carry this everywhere... besides it comes with windows xp not that resource hog leave nothing for your apps vista.
    Imac, Ipad2 3g 64gb & 32gb ATV, Iphone 4s Lime Iphone 5 Sprint, Mac Mini Driving 3 23" Toshiba leds