Page 383 of 400 FirstFirst ... 283333373381382383384385393 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 3995

Thread: Tech stuff you recently bought

Just invested in these a few months ago.

Small upgrade to a monitor that supports 144 hz and 3D:

Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Quote Originally Posted by Powpow View Post
    Small upgrade to a monitor that supports 144 hz and 3D:
    Nice monitor.

Question.... How are you gonna use the monitor to its full potential? With what gpu?

And I thought you cared about power consumption? Or power consumption is just a convenient argument for you?
    SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    Nice monitor.

Question.... How are you gonna use the monitor to its full potential? With what gpu?

And I thought you cared about power consumption? Or power consumption is just a convenient argument for you?
    Well so far I'm getting 144 fps in League of Legends with no tearing and only 30% GPU usage. This is one of the reason I got this monitor and read that it's good in fps games too, but haven't tested that yet.

Gas prices are down now so the lil extra power usage compensated automatically lol. Only using 20 more wattage power overall though for twice the performance, so it's not that bad.
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Well so far I'm getting 144 fps in League of Legends with no tearing and only 30% GPU usage. This is one of the reason I got this monitor and read that it's good in fps games too, but haven't tested that yet.

Gas prices are down now so the lil extra power usage compensated automatically lol. Only using 20 more wattage power overall though for twice the performance, so it's not that bad.
    Zeen. The lol requirements though http://www.systemrequirementslab.com...-legends/10933

If that's what you plany the most nice. I can't decide if I should go 144hz. The added power draw while doing nothing is a turn off for me. Cause desktop and everything will be 144fps.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

Its only worth buying if you're playing games at over 60fps. If youre playing with vsync capped at 60fps or you dont get a rate higher than 60fps then it isnt worth it. If you like very smooth video, then a display with a higher refresh rate is going to be beneficial if you install a software that will interpolate frames for your source. If you don’t like the artificial look that frame interpolation adds to the source, then a display with a higher refresh rate is not going to be beneficial for you.

I also hear it causes idle temps to rise as well as power draw from your gpu to increase

But very nice monitor indeed! I read a lot of people are really happy with the Asus VG248QE's and Reddit seemed to be recommending this as well as a lot of other areas. Please tell me you removed that massive sticker on the corner and around the base
    Last edited by wivane; Mar 22, 2016 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wivane View Post
    Its only worth buying if you're playing games at over 60fps. If youre playing with vsync capped at 60fps or you dont get a rate higher than 60fps then it isnt worth it. If you like very smooth video, then a display with a higher refresh rate is going to be beneficial if you install a software that will interpolate frames for your source. If you don’t like the artificial look that frame interpolation adds to the source, then a display with a higher refresh rate is not going to be beneficial for you.

I also hear it causes idle temps to rise as well as power draw from your gpu to increase

But very nice monitor indeed! I read a lot of people are really happy with the Asus VG248QE's and Reddit seemed to be recommending this as well as a lot of other areas. Please tell me you removed that massive sticker on the corner and around the base
    Lol, ofcourse I removed the sticker before logging in. Just had it there to show in the picture.

The monitor does support 3D as well so that's a plus and I have tested the power draw somewhat with my UPS. When I turn the monitor off completely I see it drop by about 30-40 watts(thereabout). Not home now so unable to confirm that.

I really wanted to win that BenQ XL2411Z I bidded on Ebay for as it had Gsync build in already, but lost that bid to a high bidder, so had to settle with this one. The idle temps rising I think is caused with multi monitors connected to the GPU, as I used to run dual monitor on my old GTX 560 and it was always at full load. Found out when I disabled one display it started down clocking again.

So far liking this monitor and it had a nice fps mode that you can use to set some custom cross hairs and can use GSync, but I might not take the risk with installing that for now.

Lol, ofcourse I removed the sticker before logging in. Just had it there to show in the picture.

The monitor does support 3D as well so that's a plus and I have tested the power draw somewhat with my UPS. When I turn the monitor off completely I see it drop by about 30-40 watts(thereabout). Not home now so unable to confirm that.

I really wanted to win that BenQ XL2411Z I bidded on Ebay for as it had Gsync build in already, but lost that bid to a high bidder, so had to settle with this one. The idle temps rising I think is caused with multi monitors connected to the GPU, as I used to run dual monitor on my old GTX 560 and it was always at full load. Found out when I disabled one display it started down clocking again.

So far liking this monitor and it had a nice fps mode that you can use to set some custom cross hairs and can use GSync, but I might not take the risk with installing that for now.
    idle temps higher has to do with the GPU working harder. You desktop going from 60hz to 144hz makes the gpu work harder which equals higher temps.

Those 10 seconds bidders on ebay are so annoying :/
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    idle temps higher has to do with the GPU working harder. You desktop going from 60hz to 144hz makes the gpu work harder which equals higher temps.

Those 10 seconds bidders on ebay are so annoying :/
    My GPU still downclocks to 135 mhz when idle and temps are pretty much the same as with my previous 60 hz monitor. Not 100% sure how it works but maybe monitor works like your GPU where it fluctuates based on the power need of what your doing.

Yeah the bidders on ebay are so annoying. The Benq showed to be won by the high bidder and then after I ordered this monitor I see the person put it back up for bidding as seem the high bidder never claimed it. Now I just checked and saw the monitor sold for the price I wanted to bid for... sigh. Oh well, now I now to be a bit more patient and communicate with the bidders more.

My GPU still downclocks to 135 mhz when idle and temps are pretty much the same as with my previous 60 hz monitor. Not 100% sure how it works but maybe monitor works like your GPU where it fluctuates based on the power need of what your doing.

Yeah the bidders on ebay are so annoying. The Benq showed to be won by the high bidder and then after I ordered this monitor I see the person put it back up for bidding as seem the high bidder never claimed it. Now I just checked and saw the monitor sold for the price I wanted to bid for... sigh. Oh well, now I now to be a bit more patient and communicate with the bidders more.
    No the monitor doesn't downclock. It doesn't work like that. unless you specifically change refresh to 60hz it will always be 144hz. And you would always have to keep changing it back for gaming. then you would notice less fluidity of you mouse.
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    4890 oc roundup