Page 297 of 400 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 3995

Thread: Tech stuff you recently bought

jomo Guest

Why plasma?? Instead of lcd/led? LOL

Cause I know about hd, and anyone who does know that a lcd/led will never look as good as a plasma, and with new tech in plasma burn in is not an issue, my company pays my light bill, and my hd movies will look a million times better especially in combat high movies like my favorites, TRANSFORMERS 3, to top the list

Watching that on a plasma with 600hz is a world of difference

I've tried the led/lcd/3d etc and research led me right back to plasma, and this 60" lg gets some seriously positive reviews

When I'm done calibrating it (for each imput) it will be a superb movie experience, no SOAP OPERA EFECT like the lcd/led users try desperately to get rid of

People need to educate themself more on plasmas, read up on the hdtv forums, these models getting high ratings, the 240hz leds are failing the test of motion, much less 120hz or 60hz like most tvs out there

When I get rid of this it would ONLY be for another plasma in 3d

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Why plasma?? Instead of lcd/led? LOL

Cause I know about hd, and anyone who does know that a lcd/led will never look as good as a plasma, and with new tech in plasma burn in is not an issue, my company pays my light bill, and my hd movies will look a million times better especially in combat high movies like my favorites, TRANSFORMERS 3, to top the list

Watching that on a plasma with 600hz is a world of difference

I've tried the led/lcd/3d etc and research led me right back to plasma, and this 60" lg gets some seriously positive reviews

When I'm done calibrating it (for each imput) it will be a superb movie experience, no SOAP OPERA EFECT like the lcd/led users try desperately to get rid of

People need to educate themself more on plasmas, read up on the hdtv forums, these models getting high ratings, the 240hz leds are failing the test of motion, much less 120hz or 60hz like most tvs out there

When I get rid of this it would ONLY be for another plasma in 3d
    I agree with you Jomo. Plasma once again is proving to be the better High Def Display Technology.
    AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ 4GHz | Thermalright Ultima 90 CPU cooler | GIGBABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P | Sapphire 6950 unlocked | 6Gb Gskill RAM | 1.5TB total HD | Dell U2412M IPS Monitor | Zalman 750W PSU | LENOVO SL500

Quote Originally Posted by toocoded View Post
    There used to be a place off Hagley Park Rd, with a guy that would source RC parts for you. He got me tyres for my RC buggy back in the day.
    There are a bunch of grown men who race cars and fly planes in the Michi parking lot on the weekends, maybe you could pay them a visit and ask.
    Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.
    So I Heard You Liek Mudkipz?

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BNOVA View Post
    I agree with you Jomo. Plasma once again is proving to be the better High Def Display Technology.
    Yup, with the new tech, especially lg and samsung, no suprise there, have some superior plasmas on the market, people just iffy as with cheap ones and when they just came out the burn in might have been an issue

Minne has 'orbiter' setting where if I have a still, like a menu, or desktop, it slighly moves the image every few seconds

And my 60" plasma is only TWO INCHES wide, so the benefit of a led just cause its thin make no sense

Do your research on ANY tv before you buy it, you might be suprised....

the heat of the plasma is a major concern, I know they are usually cheaper and provide better picture, but energy savings, plus the heat issue is a major concern and from wat I was seeing most retailers dont stock models that have a native 1080p resolution
    Lg Nexus 4|Motorola Xoom 4.0.3 Official Ice Cream Sandwich
    Rosewill CHALLENGER|ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX|XFX Radeon 6870|Thermaltake BlackWidow 850W|12GB G-Skill Ripjaw|AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black Edition|32" Sony NSX-32GT1|Razor BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard|Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse|Astro A40 Headphones|Logitech X-530 5.1

I'm not buying a tv that big unless I can do 50/50 picture in picture from 2 different sources. I only saw that feature on an old mitsubishi tv and I have NEVER SEEEN IT AGAIN! I was playing halo on the xbox and watching news at the same time. This is not the future I was promised!

jomo Guest

The heat is minimal on my set, even on vivid, plus I have ac so it doesn't bother me, mine is full 1080p

As for the pic in pic, not sure I'd need that but I think with the bluray smart player I'm getting its an option

Not sure why you'd want to be playing a game and watching news, lol

Speaking of games over a decade mi nuh play any, would love to get street fighter again

Ps3 still any good?

Its like having 2 30" Tvs side by side by side with 1 remote. Switching the sound from one side of the screen to another. Scrolling through channels WHILE watching a movie. IT WAS EPIC! Our technology is not as cool as it could be.

Guess U15067G2 Sporty Trend in Black Watch
    Last edited by owen; Sep 21, 2012 at 03:38 PM.

- 4GB

Just a small upgrade until I make an i5 build.
    Last edited by Vtull; Sep 21, 2012 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vtull View Post

- 4GB

Just a small upgrade until I make an i5 build.
    Nice... is that the Samsung low voltage memory I see?