Thread: Computer crash. Says "Operating system not found".

Default Computer crash. Says "Operating system not found".

My boyfriends computer is crashed and it has on a very important project on it that he is trying to finish up due tomorrow!! help.

he sed when he turns on his computer it say Operating System not found!
    what happened.w hat cause this. can it be restored?

my friend is telling me about some portable os thing! does anyone know about that if it would work. please help!

Yung_Jah Guest

Well missing Operating System means you need to re-install the Operating System (which means Windows XP or Windows Vista)....

Have you tried tapping on F8 and choose Last Known Configuration to see if would boot up fine or even System Restore...in safe mode? If none of that works...then as I said....you have to re-install the OS.

When you are doing system restore, you can set it to a point when it was working...that is if the date were highlighted.

As for Portable OS...it exist...but I don't even have a copy...gonna need to get myself one.

The next time u'r BF working on important project....he need to have a backup....meaning, saving it on a Flash Drive or CD...or both..

tried reinstalling the os?

the hard drive is dieing...or dead,

try slaving the drive on another computer to retrieve the files
    The views expressed in the above post are not neccesarily the views of icuucme.

i had that problem 1 time & i would like to know how it happen cause i just get up the next morning & it say Operating system not found

The message pertains more to the hard drive than the OS. Before you go reinstalling try unplugging the HD and replugging it in to both the mobo and back of the drive and/or even check or change the ISE or Sata cable.
    111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

Quote Originally Posted by Danah View Post
    My boyfriends computer is crashed and it has on a very important project on it that he is trying to finish up due tomorrow!! help.

he sed when he turns on his computer it say Operating System not found!
    what happened.w hat cause this. can it be restored?

my friend is telling me about some portable os thing! does anyone know about that if it would work. please help!
    look at this page and see if you can find some solution ,,i trust you have access ..http://www.internetfixes.com/questio...ek/IF01128.htm
    Last edited by deetucks; Oct 2, 2008 at 07:12 AM.

Fire-T... saving lives and protecting property!!!.... earn some extra cash,,,,check this link,,no joke,,, http://bit.ly/1ixCnW6

If he needs the information quickly, I'd say find someone who has an enclosure or such tool and remove the drive then copy off the data. After doing so, if you have enough space to backup your stuff, do that then format the drive and reinstall. Remember to delete the partition and re-create it. The fact that it suddenly says the OS is not found suggests that the partition table may have gone bad.

You could also try booting from a XP disk (assuming WindowsXP), choose the REPAIR option when it searches for an XP installation. You could also try using a FIXBOOT and/or FIXMBR to see what's up.

http://downloads.techrepublic.com.co...x?docid=172040

OR

http://faq.programmerworld.net/ms_wi...wont-boot.html

See that link for a list of 10 things you can do when XP won't boot. Post your results.
    Knowing the solution doesn't mean knowing the method. Yet answering correctly and regurgitation are considered "learning" and "knowledge".