Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ASP is dead

Default ASP is dead

to the fallen language i miss you (wat the hell i never did like you)
    please people if any asp developer out here stop doing wat your doing (i would like to see the hand of you asp developer if you don't mind), your just giving other people and your self more work to do. i'm kinda tired of the asp => php conversion, and my frend is here also cussing about it, him getting crazy fi a turn asp to php, plz save you self the trouble and stop using that dead language.

i'm just kidding guys use wat you like.

php straight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ™ ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com ™ -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    to the fallen language i miss you (wat the hell i never did like you)
    please people if any asp developer out here stop doing wat your doing (i would like to see the hand of you asp developer if you don't mind), your just giving other people and your self more work to do. i'm kinda tired of the asp => php conversion, and my frend is here also cussing about it, him getting crazy fi a turn asp to php, plz save you self the trouble and stop using that dead language.

i'm just kidding guys use wat you like.
    utter foolishness. ASP is a very powerful web development language. Just as powerful as PHP. Easier to read too. The only thing that is a drawback with ASP is that it is native to Windows web servers. There have been success to porting it to Apache on Linux, but I dont see much webhosts supporting it on their Linux servers.

I use asp along with jQuery to make Ajax pages and I have no problems with it.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

I haven't posted on this site in over a year but asp isn't a language if i remember correctly.. it utilizes other scripting languages like jscript, vbscript, c# etc so it ties with an actual scripting to be useable..

and to port asp to linux servers chilli asp is an option. Iv'e seen it work. Not sure how stable it is.

Retreating back to the shadows. was just saying its not a development language

Yeah. It's a technology. Thanks for the correction. I use VBScript by the way. And I dont think C# is an ASP language. Just VBScript and JScipt.

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    And I dont think C# is an ASP language.
    Yeah C# is used with ASP.NET.

ASP.NET is superseding ASP. That's where asp websites are moving to. But I hardly think ASP or ASP.NET is dead.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Ehem,

Did they ever fix the error checking bug in php ("Fatal error on line 99." When you have only 30 lines of code)?
    The fox was probably right - they could have been sour grapes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Yeah C# is used with ASP.NET.

ASP.NET is superseding ASP. That's where asp websites are moving to. But I hardly think ASP or ASP.NET is dead.
    To be honest. I am liking asp over asp.net cuz I like to get down and dirty with my code. When I use asp.net, I feel like I am being spoonfed and my creativity is being stiffled.

Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    utter foolishness. ASP is a very powerful web development language. Just as powerful as PHP. Easier to read too. The only thing that is a drawback with ASP is that it is native to Windows web servers. There have been success to porting it to Apache on Linux, but I dont see much webhosts supporting it on their Linux servers.

I use asp along with jQuery to make Ajax pages and I have no problems with it.
    ASP may be powerfull but i'm telling you it surly being fazed out especially by web companies out here and i know of 3 them {and no i will not give any names}
    and i'm one of the many people who is doing the transformation from ASP to PHP to many sites.

maybe because of the easy of use of php i think and plus the cost of a window box to host.

so to me ASP is dead

Note i'm not talking about ASP.NET that another story

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    so to me ASP is dead
    Yeah. That's the point. To us and a lot more persons, it ain't.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008