Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: ASP is dead

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    0

    Default ASP is dead

    to the fallen language i miss you (wat the hell i never did like you)
    please people if any asp developer out here stop doing wat your doing (i would like to see the hand of you asp developer if you don't mind), your just giving other people and your self more work to do. i'm kinda tired of the asp => php conversion, and my frend is here also cussing about it, him getting crazy fi a turn asp to php, plz save you self the trouble and stop using that dead language.

    i'm just kidding guys use wat you like.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,242
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    php straight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    |--- www.RealJamaicaEstate.com ---|
    Invest small = small returns [micro enterprise] | Invest Big = returns Big [macro enterprise]
    --- www.fashionsJAMAICA.com -|- www.ChampsJamaica.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    to the fallen language i miss you (wat the hell i never did like you)
    please people if any asp developer out here stop doing wat your doing (i would like to see the hand of you asp developer if you don't mind), your just giving other people and your self more work to do. i'm kinda tired of the asp => php conversion, and my frend is here also cussing about it, him getting crazy fi a turn asp to php, plz save you self the trouble and stop using that dead language.

    i'm just kidding guys use wat you like.
    utter foolishness. ASP is a very powerful web development language. Just as powerful as PHP. Easier to read too. The only thing that is a drawback with ASP is that it is native to Windows web servers. There have been success to porting it to Apache on Linux, but I dont see much webhosts supporting it on their Linux servers.

    I use asp along with jQuery to make Ajax pages and I have no problems with it.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

    Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,011
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I haven't posted on this site in over a year but asp isn't a language if i remember correctly.. it utilizes other scripting languages like jscript, vbscript, c# etc so it ties with an actual scripting to be useable..

    and to port asp to linux servers chilli asp is an option. Iv'e seen it work. Not sure how stable it is.

    Retreating back to the shadows. was just saying its not a development language

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Yeah. It's a technology. Thanks for the correction. I use VBScript by the way. And I dont think C# is an ASP language. Just VBScript and JScipt.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

    Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    13,146
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    And I dont think C# is an ASP language.
    Yeah C# is used with ASP.NET.

    ASP.NET is superseding ASP. That's where asp websites are moving to. But I hardly think ASP or ASP.NET is dead.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

    Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2009

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,333
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ehem,

    Did they ever fix the error checking bug in php ("Fatal error on line 99." When you have only 30 lines of code)?
    The fox was probably right - they could have been sour grapes.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,181
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch_Angel View Post
    Yeah C# is used with ASP.NET.

    ASP.NET is superseding ASP. That's where asp websites are moving to. But I hardly think ASP or ASP.NET is dead.
    To be honest. I am liking asp over asp.net cuz I like to get down and dirty with my code. When I use asp.net, I feel like I am being spoonfed and my creativity is being stiffled.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

    Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    338
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by psybuck2002us View Post
    utter foolishness. ASP is a very powerful web development language. Just as powerful as PHP. Easier to read too. The only thing that is a drawback with ASP is that it is native to Windows web servers. There have been success to porting it to Apache on Linux, but I dont see much webhosts supporting it on their Linux servers.

    I use asp along with jQuery to make Ajax pages and I have no problems with it.
    ASP may be powerfull but i'm telling you it surly being fazed out especially by web companies out here and i know of 3 them {and no i will not give any names}
    and i'm one of the many people who is doing the transformation from ASP to PHP to many sites.

    maybe because of the easy of use of php i think and plus the cost of a window box to host.

    so to me ASP is dead

    Note i'm not talking about ASP.NET that another story

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    13,146
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    so to me ASP is dead
    Yeah. That's the point. To us and a lot more persons, it ain't.
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

    Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2009

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •