Thread: No dial tone using a linksys spa2102 modem with C&W

Default No dial tone using a linksys spa2102 modem with C&W

Is this compatible with C&W dsl??...my Dad got one but he gets no dial tone....any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by DJTopDawg View Post
    Is this compatible with C&W dsl??...my Dad got one but he gets no dial tone....any suggestions??
    I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work with C&W. It uses the standard SIP protocol which is pretty much what every stand-alone VoIP box uses these days. I have a few clients using C&W ADSL with Vonage branded LinkSys PAP2s (an earlier model to the spa2102) and the setup works flawlessly.

Perhaps if you could provide more detail about your configuration. Modem/router being used, VoIP service you are trying to connect to etc.
    Last edited by Goucham; May 27, 2008 at 10:20 AM.

Modem is a speedtouch 510 .....tried going around the splitter...connecting directly still nothing. pretty much sure I connected everything correctly. The service is with a company ACN inc... tried to get into its configuration **** then 110 this reports that the Ip address is 10.0.0.1..... mi nuh know what else to do.....

it seems to me ur dat got a linksys sip box, yes those can be bought but you now need to go pay for the service or have ur own sip client running. As is you wont get a dial tone information has to be implemented in the box for you to get dial tone. Yes and it will work with any internet with a good up speed.
    Last edited by hv_thugg; May 27, 2008 at 07:43 PM.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

yeah man there is a paid subscription....... nuh do me dat.... The sip client is acn inc, they call their products digital voice solutions...they even sell some sort of Video Phone.....
    http://www.acninc.com/acn/us/products/digital/index.jsp

yeah man there is a paid subscription....... nuh do me dat.... The sip client is acn inc, they call their products digital voice solutions...they even sell some sort of Video Phone.....
    http://www.acninc.com/acn/us/products/digital/index.jsp
    Hmm. What version firmware for SpeedTouch 510? Based on the IP address I would reckon something in the 4.x series. If that is the case it might have something to do with the SIP ALG that doesn't always work the way it was supposed to but let me not get ahead of myself.

What was the setup procedure for the SPA2102 like? Did they send the device to you pre-configured or did you have to supply a MAC address during activation? What LEDs are active when the unit is booted up? Have you ever known the service to work (for example, you had it running somewhere in the US before trying it from C&W.) Somewhat related, do you know someone who has either a different C&W router or uses another ISP (e.g. Flow) that you could try it out on?

My initial thoughts are either the service hasn't been provisioned properly (rare but it can happen depending on the sign-up process) or something to do with the configuration of the ST510 but we'll get a better idea after you answer the other questions.

P.S.
    Has ACN blocked access to the SPA2102's web interface?

Ok do some checks make sure the box is getting internet feed thats the second light on the box i think make sure that light is on, if not restart the box and ur c&w modem, if this doest work please contact ur service provider to make sure all settings was installed correctly in the box. But it is compatible with ur cable&wirless modem.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1