Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Project The "Zee"

I'll post my 2 cents.

Get the phenom and get the 7XX series Amd Boards. Bundled with a 3870 X2. Nice pair of 800 mhz 1gbX2 ram. And 600-800 watt PSu. And a killer cooler for the phenom.

And a nice 22 inch monitor.........
    Pc= Hp dv6t

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    suh weh yah try seh?????
    It is obvious what I am saying, I am saying for a new system for gaming, one should not consider the X2 as they do not scale as good as the Core 2's or Phenoms while gaming (clearly shown on the guru3d link). I would only recommoned the X2's if he was on a much tighter budger budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator View Post
    that mobo is an AM2 one. it doesnt have HT3 or split power planes. doesnt enable all the features of the Phenom. you need an AMD 780G, 770, 790X or 790FX board. or Nvidia 780a. boards with those chipsets are AM2+. which is what the phenom is.

Asus M3A Deluxe Wifi - $230

Fry's had that board for $100 yesterday. Killer deal.

AMD 770 boards

790x boards.........
    Clipped (for price issues)
    I'm drooling for a deal like that again man. Real good board.
    Check Out these Yall.

Loving the Purple on this one. But too much PCI x1 slots, i don't even think i'm goona use one.
    ECS A770m-A AM2+

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX All Solid Capacitor

Originally Posted by Mobile_fan_2k5

I'll post my 2 cents.

Get the phenom and get the 7XX series Amd Boards. Bundled with a 3870 X2. Nice pair of 800 mhz 1gbX2 ram. And 600-800 watt PSu. And a killer cooler for the phenom.

And a nice 22 inch monitor.........
    Nice Thnxx for the contribution yo... Was thinking to go higher than the 21" too

I was looking around on some power supplies and this one i like so far.
    Antec EA650 650W

Also was reading a lil on Modular ones but dont have the full thing on it yet. I would appreciate some info that too.
    Last edited by techdude; May 21, 2008 at 12:43 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts/ striked out Parts
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

modular is suppose to make it easier for cable management, because you can just attach which cables you use and put up the rest.
    personally i'd go with something from the corsair vx or hx line.
    they offer good value for the money IMHO.
    Mysnomia: Why are electronics so expensive in JA?
    Bl@ze:u even mention WATTSteef NEW....
    [I.R.A]_FBi: I wouldnt send bill gates there...

Radioshack has a Thermaltake 600W PSU for $39.99. sold out online but i bought 2 in-store last week. One's going into a new rig, the other is for spare.

Link

Quote Originally Posted by pezz View Post
    suh weh yah try seh?????
    cant be buying x2s. a pentium dual-core e2200 clocked right will stress a 6000+. phenoms or core 2s are the only way to go.
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; May 18, 2008 at 09:22 PM. Reason: merged multiple posts

Quote Originally Posted by techdude View Post

T-Zero, u sure u don't kno me man?. Picked up two Tri-cool Already at Circuit City, but i think i have to go change them for the Antec 300. (Bought 80mm) HSF U got it on the nail there too yo. Go up date the 1st post.

I like the advice on the Memory, Processor + Mobo. Got some time to think thoroughly, so i'm gonna do that.
    nope dont think so cause you in the us and i am not, anyhow we all here to help, great minds think alike

I'm drooling for a deal like that again man. Real good board.
    Check Out these Yall.

Loving the Purple on this one. But too much PCI x1 slots, i don't even think i'm goona use one.
    ECS A770m-A AM2+

GIGABYTE GA-MA770-DS3 AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX All Solid Capacitor

Nice Thnxx for the contribution yo... Was thinking to go higher than the 21" too
    as for the mobo the ESC looks ok, but it doesnt state if its support phenoms even tho its AM2/AM2+, i would choose one that states it support phenoms just to be safe ( this applies to the ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 mobo too)

gigabyte is a great mobo i have one in my previous PC but its intel, too much pci slot man but i can live with it, dont know about you?

I was looking around on some power supplies and this one i like so far.
    Antec EA650 650W

Also was reading a lil on Modular ones but dont have the full thing on it yet. I would appreciate some info that too.
    hold on are you gonna plan to over clock and go crossfire / sli? if so then that psu you suggested above is not recommended for crossfire

here is a crossfire and sli ready one and its modular too

Antec NeoPower 650 Blue 650W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply
    its on sale so make a desicion about it b4 sale ends
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

Quote Originally Posted by T-Zero View Post
    nope dont think so cause you in the us and i am not, anyhow we all here to help, great minds think alike
    Yea for real.... I just came here last yr. All good still

as for the mobo the ESC looks ok, but it doesnt state if its support phenoms even tho its AM2/AM2+, i would choose one that states it support phenoms just to be safe ( this applies to the ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 mobo too)
    Good point there. I wouldn't want to buy it then it doesnt work at all.

gigabyte is a great mobo i have one in my previous PC but its intel, too much pci slot man but i can live with it, dont know about you?
    Don't think so for me yo. Seeing that i'm not gonna use them really.

hold on are you gonna plan to over clock and go crossfire / sli? if so then that psu you suggested above is not recommended for crossfire
    Overclock i may try but the Sli/crossfire thing.

I may take up the one Gladiator posted tomorrow for the deal on the price.
    Last edited by techdude; May 18, 2008 at 10:36 PM.
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

techdude, here is the best PSU I think for your use

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703005

look up reviews for it.

u can also try something from the corsair series. they make EXCELLENT PSU's as well. and they are all 80% certified, as a matter of fact, ill be ordering one of these PSU.

SLAPPA Phenom II AM3 Overclocking Essentials
    I HAVE HIGHEST OC ON TECHJA 4.2ghz
    4890oc beats gtx 285
    PS3 FAILCAKE
    ps3 only advantage is bluray
    4890 oc roundup
    http://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/0/skugpezz.png
    Mi know dem fear mi!!!!! Gigabyte 790x ud4p
    phenom 2 955@3.8ghz 24/7 stable , 4GB ddr3 1333@1.5ghz ,3850 256MB (temp card) (4890 soon),700 watt dual rail psu, (overclocking rules) my avatar represents my personality

aight pezz, it was in the first 3 mobo's that came out with that chipset.

but the gigabyte version rulez
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.