Thread: 0-day exploit for IE 7.0 and 8.0b on XP

Default 0-day exploit for IE 7.0 and 8.0b on XP

I’ve been busy all day and just haven’t been able to get to it until now, but Aviv Raff is a seriously bad man. I follow his blog religiously as he always has some cool stuff going on and a lot of it tends to be thought provoking for other areas of attack. Well, imagine my lack of surprise when he dropped and 0-day for IE 7.0 and 8.0b on XP today. He calls the flaw: Internet Explorer “Print Table of Links” Cross-Zone Scripting Vulnerability.

I’ll leave it to Aviv to explain, full details on his blog, including proof of concept code that he has provided, but I’ll paraphrase things here:

Summary

Internet Explorer is prone to a Cross-Zone Scripting vulnerability in its “Print Table of Links” feature. This feature allows users to add to a printed web page an appendix which contains a table of all the links in that webpage.

An attacker can easily add a specially crafted link to a webpage (e.g. at his own website, comments in blogs, social networks, Wikipedia, etc.), so whenever a user will print this webpage with this feature enabled, the attacker will be able to run arbitrary code on the user’s machine (i.e. in order to take control over the machine).
    Read more: http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=1101
    Reported here by Aviv Raff on his blog: http://aviv.raffon.net/2008/05/14/In...erability.aspx
    "The best software is the one that fits your needs." - A_A

Virus free since: date unknown
    Anti-virus free since: August 2008

Very informative. But you as well I do know that the areas of vulnerability are so great it can be compared to the succcessful crime plans Jamaica has implemented, I even believe that hackers have found it boring to search for ways to hack ie, its just too easy unless they have a specific mark or reason.
    Only we can save us.

windows based systems are full of bugs which already provide hackers free passage to the system.
    Deanroy Edwards
    Electrical Engineer, Mobile Phone and Computer Technician
    Contact: 869-5009 or BBPIN: 282C452C or email me at derk@derkgsmsolutions.com

yet you still using it
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

maybe he's just statin sumn dont attack him just yet
    If You Talk About That Of Whom In Which We Do Not Speak,Have We Not Spoken Of That Of Which We Do Not Talk??

Soon Drop:P

Core i7 920
    GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R-SLI
    G.SKILL Trident 6GB DDR3 2000

I am gonna defend Microsoft a bit here. If you really think about it Microsoft is on like 9 out of 10 Computers Worldwide. This means the probability of MS Computers being infected with a virus is much higher when compared to a MAC or Linux. Logically speaking if I am a virus writer why would I then write a virus for a MAC or Linux based computer when the chance of getting some money or creating mayhem is only a 1% chance when compared to writing viruses for MS Operating systems where the possibility will now rise to a 9 out of 10 chance.

Anyways Microsoft still needs to pull up dem socks still but always remember Microsoft is like the Toyota for Operating Systems and a MAC Is like a BMW which means most of us can't afford the BMW so stop cuss the Corolla cause a it we all driving still.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    [B]
    Anyways Microsoft still needs to pull up dem socks still but always remember Microsoft is like the Toyota for Operating Systems and a MAC Is like a BMW which means most of us can't afford the BMW so stop cuss the Corolla cause a it we all driving still.

Lie, the mac is more like a mini cooper....
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com