Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: trancelovers

Default Re: trancelovers

LOL...As per usual...we get a sermon a homily and a lecture all role into one

You know me!

You can subscribe @ http://www.angelhaters.com/unsubscribe.php?=AngelsKiss

I always try not to disappoint my fans.

LOL...Xeno...why would I want to subscribe when it's freely given?

BTW Angelhaters? Is that the best you can come up with?

Yu seet! It's a good thing I didn't register it.

BTW, Subscribers get premium content - but you can only subscribe via msn or yim.

But while we're still here AK, do you love any of the following forms of music:

- Ballads (eg. Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Chicago etc...)
    - Classical (eg. Bach, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven etc...)
    - Alternative (eg. Michelle Branch, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morisette etc...)
    - New Age (eg. Enya, Ronan Hardiman (feet of flames!), Yanni etc...)

Lemme know if you like 'em all. I have another question for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    Yu seet! It's a good thing I didn't register it.

BTW, Subscribers get premium content - but you can only subscribe via msn or yim.

But while we're still here AK, do you love any of the following forms of music:

- Ballads (eg. Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Chicago etc...)
    - Classical (eg. Bach, Tchaikovsky, Beethoven etc...)
    - Alternative (eg. Michelle Branch, Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morisette etc...)
    - New Age (eg. Enya, Ronan Hardiman (feet of flames!), Yanni etc...)

Lemme know if you like 'em all. I have another question for you.

LOL...I have no intention of subscribing to any of your sermon, homily or lectures. I have enough reading of my own to do

Yep I like all of the above, including Baroque and Gregorian Chant (yeah am weird I know). I also like Smokey, Teddy P and those old school R&B. You left out a favourite of mine, Frank Sinatra and others like Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelsKiss
    LOL...I have no intention of subscribing to any of your sermon, homily or lectures. I have enough reading of my own to do
    - eheh... that horse already gone through the gate m'lady.

Yep I like all of the above, including Baroque and Gregorian Chant (yeah am weird I know).
    - Umm... No you are NOT weird. Not by a longshot. Trust me. I'm fascinated by the fact that you also highlighted baroque. This is a little more than I had expected Cuz what I really want to ask you is this:

What more drives your taste in music? Melody or Rythm?

I bet it's the former. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocrates
    - eheh... that horse already gone through the gate m'lady.

- Umm... No you are NOT weird. Not by a longshot. Trust me. I'm fascinated by the fact that you also highlighted baroque. This is a little more than I had expected Cuz what I really want to ask you is this:

What more drives your taste in music? Melody or Rythm?

I bet it's the former. Isn't it?

Xeno...Melody and rhythm go hand in hand, you can't really have one and not the other. The melody is simply the notes arranged in a rhythmic format. Darn am beginning to sound like a certain some one

Darn am beginning to sound like a certain some one
    LOL

I'm glad you're starting to realise the truth. You and that someone are not very different in mind you see. Alas... I digress... lest ye cough up blood... LOL

Xeno...Melody and rhythm go hand in hand, you can't really have one and not the other. The melody is simply the notes arranged in a rhythmic format.
    - I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm not asking you to separate the elements. Melody can be rhythmic, but not always. In fact, Lemme give you a hint:

Rap/Hip Hop lovers prefer the rhythm. Melody is inconsequential here.
    Theme lovers prefer melody. Rhythm is inconsequential here.

Rap/Hip Hop originally completely ignored any melody of any sort. It was all about the beat. Only recently has there now been a slight fusion of repetitive electronic jingles in rap music. But the beat is what drives the song either way. Rap lovers are rhythm lovers.

Themes from movies such as Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings do not have a beat. There is no consistent rhythm. In fact, this kind of music is written in stanzas (like verses) with each being mutually exclusive to each other, capturing a particular tone in the film at a point in time. This music is pure melody. Melody drives the entire concerto. Theme lovers are melody lovers.

Here I used two extreme examples to better illustrate what I'm talking about (and to show you that rhythm and melody do not necessarily go hand in hand). Remember that rhythm is defined by patterns. Most music we listen today features a relatively balanced coalescence of rhythm and melody - but one element of the song always stands out more than the other. As such, the genre of the music is almost always determined by the higher distinctiveness (and nature) of either element, rhythm or melody.

So again I ask you - the songs that you listen to most frequently, the ones you are most likely to buy on CD, are they more rhythm-centric or melody-centric? (see? I even rephrased the question! )

(There's a reason why I'm asking y'know...)
    Last edited by Xenocrates; Oct 12, 2004 at 01:35 AM.

[QUOTE=Xenocrates]LOL

I'm glad you're starting to realise the truth. You and that someone are not very different in mind you see. Alas... I digress... lest ye cough up blood... LOL

I am not going down this path with ya Xeno

I see your point about melody and rhythm, however, I will use Rap as an example. I wouldn't say it has no melody but as you point out the problem with rap and music like rap is that it is repetitive. Therefore I would say it is not melodious like other genres. It is repetitve because the music is moreless one dimension...one constant beat or a series of the same notes been repeated over and over.

So to answer your question I will say I prefer intricate music. For me, Rap, Dancehall, Heavy metal and music like that becomes boring after 15 mins. I will also go further to say that when I can tolerate, rap and dancehall I don't like heavy metal since it sounds like noise to me.

As for the CDs I buy, I prefer old stuff and when I do buy current music its mainly R & B.

I too listen trance... nice music to listen to.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.