Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: trancelovers

Default Re: trancelovers

Quote Originally Posted by digitalchef

willy. what kinda lame statement that.
    It might have came out the wrong way, i didn't mean it to be disrespectfu, just that where i'm from my friends would have a whole lotta laugh if they came down to my house and heard me listening to trance, they've known me all my life and willy aka the rap fanatic , on the other hand my big bro luvz trance to death so him can probably come to ur defence
    SMART PHONE: Note 2 (N7100) [B] Ps all Pics are taken with the phone in my sig.....

is ur big bro on this site??
    people make fun of me all the time because i like it, and guess what, i'm still listening to it. ask angelskiss, she'll tell u.

Quote Originally Posted by ramesh
    Don't mind trance, but too much of it makes my head spin
    LOL...Ramesh same here. Drew introduced me to Trance and I tried it, but after a while it gave me a head ache

and tell the good people angel that u liked it??

and tell the good people angel that u liked it??
    Sure I like it for about 10 mins at a time

ok see. there's reason for my madness.
    who did u listen to and like angel??

ok see. there's reason for my madness.
    who did u listen to and like angel??
    Now how u expect me to remember that? I think it was some van Dyke guy on your Yahoo Launch

paul van dyk.

Thumbs up Re: trancelovers

There are a couple of trance lovers on here... in fact we had a pretty good thread on this neat genre a while back

Most of my music cds in my car are techno, trance.

One of my fav streams is from Digitally Imported. Check the out if you havent done so yet.
    Calm Like a BOMB

Trance is the purest form of music around (Aside from Classical, Epic and Newage). The problem is that most people who've heard of trance:

- Confuse it with House: An example of which is the Mortal Kombat movie sound track. That's not trance. That's house.

- Confuse it with Techno: An example of which is the remix of popular Celine Dion or Faith Hill ballads or other forms of classical or pop music (like an NSync or Backstreet boys remix).

- Confuse it with EuroDance: An example of which is Aqua's "Barbie Girl" (I'm a barbie girl, in a barbie world...) and Tatu's "All the things she said". That's eurodance. It's europe's answer to the American's Pop/Alternative/Top40 music.

- Have only heard of Progressive electronica: A sub-type of house really, it's usually instrumental, has a consistent bass beat throughout the entire song, and progresses from a single beat for one stanza (16 beats), then a hi-hat is added, then a bass-line synth, then a treble synth, then a pause for one whole-note (4 beats) at which point the treble synth resumes without any accompaniment for 1 stanza, and then all the instruments resume in a repetitive fashion for the rest of the tune. That's Progressive. Not quite trance.

Trance music has all of the elements of progressive, but has a key difference: Melodies.

When it gets to the pause, the treble synth doesn't have just a simple repetative pentatonic 4 or 5 note sequence like progressive. Trance music has highly sophisticated melodies, employing all the wonderful elements of classical music, but using synth strings. Trance music modifies the bass synth to match the treble synth's melody, often employing half-note chords, contrasting minor and major keys and some really catchy vocals.

Progressive doesn't (or rarely) modifies the baseline to match the treble. So most people get turned off from the genre - including trance - because it is repetative...but that's only because they confuse the 2 types, (since trance and progressive music can start the same way)

Trance music sounds a lot like top 40 American music done via synthesizers. There is usually a significant buildup before it gets to the vocals and/or the sophisticated melodies. But when it does get to the melody, it's extremely addictive.

Techno modifies an already popular tune.

House uses sound samples from a movie, voice overs or an original song.

EuroDance is a self-contained song, complete with verses, vocals and bridges

Progressive sounds a lot like videogame music. If you've ever been to the gym, aerobics classes use progressive music in the background.

Trance is a whole different beast altogether. If you heard a progressive tune employing very sophisticated melodies that run the entire gamut between the high and low notes of the same key, that's trance. It's the melody that makes trance so popular, so different....and so wonderful.