Thread: Help! Experience NEEDED!!

Exclamation Help! Experience NEEDED!!

Hello TJ..
    I would like to find out, how does a person go about getting an Internship,with any Organization, is this necessarily a school link thing? or can it be done individually?
    i am in need of a job that suites my qualifications, which includes, CCNA cert, An Associate Degree in Applied Information Technology. However, i've been searching but cant seem to find any vacancies.
    So now i've decided that even though i am broke and in need of a job, i guess i'll just consider free labour, for now- which would give me less idle time but long term i'll gain experience to take me to another level on my career journey.

So does anybody have info on how things like those work?

Thanks!!
    For every computer problem there is an upgrade with equal and opposite problems.

You are thinking outside the box! Good stuff!

Just take it one step further ...

Go to your local church, community centre, school, or other such non-profit organization, and volunteer your time and skills on any projects they may have or that you may see they have a need for. Projects are good, because they have defined deliverables and objectives. So at the end, you can more easily quantify and demonstrate what you have accomplished. That is very good experience.

In addition to that, you should contact agencies like HEART and the National Youth Service to see what they have to offer in terms of job placement or internship programmes.

Summer jobs are a good way to get experience and get your foot in the door too. Call around to the companies now and find out whether they have openings. Many are looking at the applications now in preparation for the summer. I think I saw NCB advising on their career page that they were now accepting applications for summer workers.

Oh, UWI has a Placement and Career services unit. If you are a UWI student, you should check them. UTECH may have something similar.

You could always make contact with the HR dept. in organizations to enquire about the possibility of internship programmes.

All the best.

Thanks for the info/advice.. need to get started right away
    For every computer problem there is an upgrade with equal and opposite problems.

yeah check with you school career department thats ur best bet. also ask all your friends, family& well wishers.
    The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.
    Henry David Thoreau