Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GT 5 Prologue vs Forza 2

Default GT 5 Prologue vs Forza 2

I have seen countless debates about which racing franchise is better in terms of graphics and realism and at times I have also seen Forza fans actually trying to convince others that it is better than GT (which in my mind is just plane blasphemy).

Since getting GT 5 Pro, I have done countless comparisons of the two and Forza is not even 50% as good as GT 5 in any of the categories I have outlined above.

Here are a couple of video comparisons (although admittedly may be a bit biased) but it is helps to show that GT is more than a game but also a simulation that is out of the league of all the other games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_NaGxgjd3M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UMyB...eature=related
    Last edited by seanbee20; May 5, 2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

this is really a comparison ???
    GT5 FTMFW!!

obviousli GT5 wud win
    forza iznt competition....

Default ??

Forza is competition no other racing game challenges it reason being cuz of the online play and its not too bad looking and for all the ppl who have never played gt prologue not gt5 you'll see that the cars are a bit better in looks but they all feel the same most ppl wudnt know that they have never beaten a true sim game but yea it is competition and what about pgr4 a wide variety of cars and its damn good to play

Wel GT5 me a seh allllllllllllllllllllllll d way.....
    forza bad doe nah lie

never play Forza yet but I cant see it beating out GT5 anyday
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

no ute Gt5 prologue iz jus a demo of d full game
    forza might hav a slight chance a beatin that cuz a mean its just a DEMO
    but im pretty sure it CANNOT and WILL not be able to beat the full game when it iz released in 2009....dem cuda all release a forza 3,4,5.... it nah go happen!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzle View Post
    no ute Gt5 prologue iz jus a demo of d full game
    forza might hav a slight chance a beatin that cuz a mean its just a DEMO
    but im pretty sure it CANNOT and WILL not be able to beat the full game when it iz released in 2009....dem cuda all release a forza 3,4,5.... it nah go happen!!! lol
    the word prologue relates more to a preface than a demo...but I understand what you're trying to say. Its no use though, because GT5 Prologue is the best racing game ever made, bar none and "best" by its very nature means #1. Forza therefore, has no chance of beating GT5 Prologue.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

Oh znnnnnnnnnn
    sooo can u imagine wat the full game iz gonna be lyk!!!!

After getting GT5P and playing for a while I decided to go back and play Forza 2 (I had parked it due to the many other titles I have) as GT got me back in a driving mood.

After several comparisons and researching online I realize that definitely GT5 Full will outshine Forza but as of now GT5P is trailing Forza 2 and rightly so because the game is basically a toned down version of what is to come.

The customizations in GT5P are very limited, especially compared to Forza which has the most customization options I have seen in a game and the car physics in Forza are some of the best I have seen - still not sure which is better GT or Forza.

If you are someone who understands the physics of cars especially as it relates to maintaining control at high speeds you will appreciate the physics built into this game and the information provided by the game to allow you to better tune your car; simple things as putting air in your tire in Forza has profound impacts on shaving seconds off your time.

Let me give an example, I did some research and found that the optimal temperature for racing slicks is about 200 - 230F. After a race I had in Forza I went to the telemetry screen and went to the Tire heat tab where I realized that the middle portion of my tires were heating up past their optimal temperature. If you are someone who knows much about cars in general and about tires you would realize that most times if the center of the tire is hotter than the edges then it means your tires are overinflated - refer to the image I attached to understand why.

After doing some tuning only changing the tire pressures and finally getting optimal heat on all the contact patches on my tires I was able to shave 5 seconds off my lap times on a track which I am able to consistently drive correctly.

Another area where Forza has an edge is that of damage in the game (something GT5P doesn't have and hopefully will be incorporated in GT5). Once you turn on simulation damage then you better drive at your best. Even actions such as downshifting too early (putting the car in 2nd gear when doing a 120) causes damage to the car which is very noticeable once done.

I have no doubt that GT5 will rule all but for now Forza 2 in my opinion is better.
    Last edited by seanbee20; May 11, 2008 at 10:28 PM.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5