Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SpeedTouch 510 Guide

Lightbulb Modem config page from the internet

Me being a curious person I am was messing around trying to run my home webserver and show my friends some code I had just done, when I placed in my IP (forgot to configure NAPT to route my outside port 80 to my webserver) and lo and behold when I went to my ip I recieved my speedtouch modem config page ( I had to run this through a free proxy server). Now to correct the problem I had changed the NAPT setting to pick up my internal server since then I have been unable to get back the modem config page from the internet (inside my lan works), even if i go in and add a assignment to map the outside port to the 10.0.0.138:80. Anyone got an idea what could be wrong?
    bored with too much to do

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Well, seems that one was bigger than everyone here.. never got to change it so i did it the other way around. Localhost - 8080, Modem - 80.

But my friend has a script to change it though. If i get it i might post it

Anyhow, for the techies who want to upgrade the firmware on their speedtouch modem this site has it.. http://m8s-rates.com/files/routers/

Word of advice:
    If u've set a username and password for access control, it will be changed to:
    Username - Administrator
    no passowrd
    site its down so here is the mirror
    http://mirror.opensourcehub.com/pub/speedtouch/routers/

It's been a long time i looking for Firmware updates. I just trying to find anything to improve speeds i'm getting.

Anybody with links to instructions to update firmware now?
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

Has anyone successfully installed R 4.3.2 on a 510v4 and got the net to work? I had installed it couple months ago but wasn't able to connect to the net. I had called C&W for assistance and they told me that they don't have anything to do with the firmware or something of that sort.
    .:] ^ [:.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

To update your modem use the upgrader wizard in the modem cd you got. please make sure have the correct bin file the your version modem, the wizard will check to make sure though.

click through the wiz then setup back the modem..

#NB don't uses a backup config .ini file from older bins in new bins they are not compatible. if you do you will kill your modem, but it can easily be recovered though by doing a MRD (master reboot download).

make sure you are installing the right firmware for your board

after every thing you will have to reconfigurer your modem...thats all
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Nov 21, 2007 at 07:42 AM. Reason: merge multiple posts

I know how to successfully install a firmware. My problem is that I'm not able to connect to the internet using the latest firmware for the 510v4.
    .:] Game IDs: xfire_ropy | BC:BC2_ropy | BC: 2142_ropy29 | BF3_ | steam_ropy09 | LoL_ropy09 | Origin_ropy29 [:.

well i have never used that modem i have a ST536 which came with version 5 fireware and in an now running version 6 which has much more features...
    sorry i cant get me hands on one of those modems to test it out.

Successfully Installed my Firmware Update on SpeedTouch 576 to ver 5.4.0.14.
    This is the SpeedTouch with the Wireless AP built-in.

The update has given me two (2) GREAT new features that i've seen so far.
    1. There is now a mode for WPA+WPA2 so either can work. Before it was one or the other.
    2. This is not really a feature BUT it allows me to get my higher HTTP speeds using CWJ ADSL. Before my speeds were 1/2 what it should be.

Thanks RYFT.

Two (2) things that happen to me when upgrading that may probably help somebody else.
    1. The CD i had didn't have the Maintenance part. I had to a CD from a lower model modem.
    2. Upgrade is easy, just download the firmware to your desktop and click Maintenance on the CD.
    3. Make sure your on a UPS.
    4. During the update, it backup my config file then tried to restore it. I wasn't given an option as ryft was saying to not use this older version config. The only option i had was cancel OR go ahead. I went ahead anyway and the modem was fine. The wireless wasn't being detected however. Had to Reset the modem and re-enter my configs and everything worked GREAT!.
    5. Small problem since upgrade - At varying intervals, wireless users have to repair their connection as pages simply just stop loading.
    The trouble with learning from experience
    is that the test comes first and
    the lesson afterwards

So, I'm not sure if this is the place for it or another thread - but I'm having holy hell getting my netgear Rangemax router to work with the speedtouch. Effectively, I want to use the rangemax as either my router, or as a wireless access point (ideally as a wireless point, but I'd settle for it being my main router). I can read instructions as well as the next guy, and tried just connecting an ethernet line from the speedtouch to the rangemax, doing the restarts and going through the wizard, but it won't work. This is the second netgear router I've tried to get working with this, but neither of them seem to detect the correct connection type (which CW says is PPPOE or something), and there's no drop-down list that I can use to indicate that it's PPOE... anybody had success/difficulty setting up a netgear router to work with the speedtouch? (I don't remember the exact router model type just now, will get it when I get back).

Have you tried configuring it for PPOA? So far I've only heard of a handful of peeps being changed from PPOA to PPOE.