Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writing Files to Mapped Drive

Default Writing Files to Mapped Drive

Ok Guys, I have a slightly big problem...I have web application running on IIS which is now required to write files to a mapped directory. I'm receiving what appears to be a permissions error...
    Has anyone suggessfully accomplished this using CLASSIC ASP?

I do know that setting privileges to "everyone" on the mapped directory won't work because "everyone" context is restricted to the local machine.

Any information you can share will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by codecarnage; May 1, 2008 at 10:19 PM.

Default anything???

27 views and no reply..does this mean nobody has an idea or solution?

i created a LAN between my PC and my bro, i mapped both pc and i am having the same problem, adding file to the map drive,

my PC

My bro PC

is this what you are experiencing?
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

give system full control on the security tab.
    Intel Pentium E2160 clocked to 2.3- Gigabyte 945GCM-S2C- 2 x 2048 DDR2- 160gb WD sata, 640gb WD sata and 250 gb maxtor external hd -Vista Ultimate - 2 20x's dual layer Dvd burner one with lightscribe- 9 in 1 card reader - AverMedia UltraTV 1500 MCE TV card and Radeon HD 2600 Pro 512mb in a Antec 300 iPhone Ping iD fortis4eva

did that long time and getting this error on both pc

I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

Thanks for the reply guys, for the most part that is what I seem to be getting...
    Its back to drawing board for me...

appreciate the response...

I doubt you can set permissions on the drive. You need to set the permissions on the underlying folder. So change in there and see what you get. I am using a few right now and they're copying files fine.

B.Killer yes you are right about setting the permissios on the drive, in my case the permissions were actually set on the required directory...however i still have the problem. I've done some work to help plead my case to my boss...and what i was able to show that using FSO these networked drives were not even recognized for display...let alone allowing you to write files to underlying folders...I'm still puzzled.

So on the computer where the folder is residing, you're unable to set permissions to Everyone->Modify? And if so, are you able to copy to the folder (assuming it's a share). If you are then any mapped drive to that folder should work. The mapped drive is just a way to resolve the folder name and really does not affect normal folder operations.

Thanks alot guys, but I'll like to point out that its not just an issue writing to file...the problem is creating these files through a web interface. Now i may be mistaken but the "everyone" i believe is limited to a local context.

I did some more research and using virtual directories seems to be the solution...I read some articles however it hasn't yet worked for me...
    Last edited by codecarnage; May 1, 2008 at 10:22 PM.