Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: N5's wireless broadband?

Default Re:N5's wireless broadband?

My $0.02 worth...any product that's not tested or compatible with 3Com is basically a product thta you DON'T want! Reality check..3Com compatibility (and other major brands) is almost a must for networking equipment. I'm curious to see this "list" of compatible NICs.

Its one that I am still waiting to see ;D

And I have been waiting since last Thursday to be exact, last time I spoke to Barry (yesterday) he said he was going to call them himself ....
    I am yet to receive a response..

In the interim I have decided to try a non-scientific experiment with another network card to see if there is any merit to the argument put forward.

Further Update:

Guys.... Learn from what I am going through here!!!!

So Okay I had a CNET NIC in my computer and have found via another post (two NIC in workstation - Win2K PRof) that the CNET NIC is one to stay away from!!

Furthermore having laid a claim by N5 that my network card coul be the culprit I changed to an Intel NIC....

Same very problems!!!!!!!

And YES I am still waiting for N5 to provide me with the compatible NIC list.

Can't say that I shall be waiting any longer!!!

Update Again:

Ok so I tried the CNET and the INTEL NIC and had the same issues...

Then I tried DLINK NIC ... so far the DLink NIC has provided me with the best connection time uninterrupted at time of this post it has gone 5.5 hours without dropping!!

Will be watching to see what happens next....

May I ask if you're being "compensated" for these experiments? In other words .... I hope you're not paying for such shoddy product quality!

;D Bwoy i would want to do some testing too if they wish to give all that equiptment free - :'( I will test until the cows come home.

;D

BTW - whats the possibilty of lightening meeting your MMDS-receiving Antenna - U have it Grounded? or built a ground pit?

Compensation....?

Barry and I have spoken breifly on the issue but not anything final yet...
    I do intend to receive some compensation though!

I have not currently grounded the antenna ... due to been unsure if it was going to stay anytime.. its currently just sitting out there...!

Not yet grounded? I think you should consider at least a make-shift grounding cable before your house lights up like Frankenstein's lab during a lightning storm ;D

BBZZZZ - BOOM - if you dont wanna build a ground pit or use a ground spike - use the 1 JPS have outsite your house - look outside on your Light post or poll - you see the nice thick wire that runs from the poll to the ground - connect a piece of cooper wire to the ground spike its wrapped around - as close to the ground as possible - how it connects to the antenna beats me - use common sense - however i do suggest u get a ground spike and create one yourself

The lightening a get dangerous these days :-\ kill a TV the other day - If that kinda thing gets into your comp - its history.

Call me crazy... for leaving that still undone up to this point!!!

The antenna is sitting some 25-30 feet up ... yep I can take it all down and connect the ground wire and send it back up ... the alternative is to ground at the point that the point of entry.

They actually provide a booster (power) for the antenna signal that has a grounding connector so I figured that I can connect that to the internal ground wiring in the house.

Yeah, would there be any difference from which point it is grounded? the antenna or point of entry??