Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: N5's wireless broadband?

Default Re:N5's wireless broadband?

Indeed... Indeed!!! :

Update !!!

I got my N5 "broadband" installed today will be putting it though the paces over the next couple days.

Any links as to good test sites?

Initial tests so far shows downlink streaming at between 64Kbps an 118Kbps .... I only spend about 10 minutes using it thus far.

I have had early issues with the N5 connection thus far!!

Today after been online for ~10 minutes I was unable to get through to any website.... called the guys and they came wiht their laptop and was also unable to get anywhere.

They spent ~45minutes here and commuincation with their office trying to figure it out!! Well they got it working agian, but ti was down 5 miuntes after they left and then back up ~10 minutes after that... it has been running consistenly for ~30minutes now!!

I shall be keeping on eye on it!

That's progress. When I had issues with my DSL router, Fujitsu just talked to me over the phone. It reminded me of a MS tech support call.

It is now proven that there are some issues with N5's Wireless service.... (and it seems that I am the only one of their subscribers to have complained todate.

The modems seem to "hang-up" or "drop-out" from time to time. You can be there browsing or downloading stuff and then suddenly you can go nowhere at all... the sites time out, can't open seartch page, download hangs ect. for no apparent reasons.

Have been speaking to them about it for two days and they keep telling me that it was my fire wall that was casuing the problem. (which I told them was not the case because even with the fire wall disabled or uninstalled the problem is still there).

So yesterday evening Barry Raglan, finally came to my location with his laptop and had the same problem....... yeah I know you will say that my location is therefore the issue.... but hold on!!

They then decided to take the modem back to their office to test... no luck!!!

In fact they tried three other modems which they had there and they have now confirmed that there is a problem... although they are unable to say exactly what the issue is....... the experts are now trying to figure it out.

In the meantime I keep resetting my modem until it finally decides to work ...... ???

Wireless is great in theory, but far from perfect in practice. Nothing beats a fibre optic link to the net backbone.

I do agree.. firbre optic is the way....

Right now I am doing this post via .... dialup !! What else can I say?

That's why I think dial-up is here to stay in Ja for some time to come. Broadband has it's use and benefits to some of us but for the rest, dial-up is adequate.

I'm wondering if the modems that N5 are using are somewhat deffective? There should be other brands they can try out.

They seem to think that the ones they are currently using are the best since slice bread!!

Said they tried some 2.4Ghz ones and had issues with interference and stuff.

The ones in use is made by VYYO (an Israeli company) using their MMDS frequency ( MMDS - 2.5 & 3.5 GHz), .

Further Update:

It is now been put forward that the problem I am having could be related to the network card I am using..... N5 has informed me tha the manufacturers have relayed information to them that the modems have a compatibility issue with 3Com network cards!!!

Yeah... I am using a CNet card (who knows who really makes it anyway?) and the laptop there were testing on has a 3Com card installed in it.

I have requested of them to advise me of a network card that the modem has been tested with and confirmed to be compatiable!! I have been waiting for quite a while and still waiting to receive the reponse to this issue!!