Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HHHEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!

Default Re:HHHEEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!

TCL???

Can someone please enlighten me on this TCL bit???

[quote author=Nastrodamus link=board=10;threadid=639;start=15#msg8049 date=1055311467]
    Can someone please enlighten me on this TCL bit???
    [/quote]

TCL : Tool Command Language

Trust mi yout, if you can master di language, you can do wonders ($$$$).
    We have software here that is used by hundreds of people, keying, and it is the coolest thing about.
    It is relativel easy to learn if you plan on REALLY doing it. I started but got caught up with some other projects ;D

It comes with linux, so you don't have to worry about getting it. Plus I think you have the windows version too.

IDEA: it is easy to create simple games using tcl.

Ok....

Right now I am bordering on TCL, Visual Basic and Delphi... and which one to start.

What you suggest.?

Is there market for TCL programs?

Where are the Programming Genius' Let me hear your suggestion.

[quote author=Nastrodamus link=board=10;threadid=639;start=15#msg8348 date=1055448393]
    Where are the Programming Genius' Let me hear your suggestion.
    [/quote]

I aint the genious but....i momma didnt raise no fool ;D

I would start with Delphi in windows.
    TCL could be your second program.

Yes there is a huge market for ANYTHING that's fast, robust, and works. TCL is super fast, very stable, and if you know what u doing...works like no other.

You guys sending the dude multiple circles. Let's stick to the order suggested earlier vb/c/++/java/

The thing I find with VB is that it gives you a feel for ASP. Well that just for me

all right nastro - I can safely say (having used and mastered a alot of these languages ) I'd say that VB6 is the easiest language to get started with. make sure you have the full help file with it as well.

I for one started out using QBASIC before I when to vb (basically because it was similar but I could create windows applications so quickly and easily). In my case however I had free 24hr tech support . So I never had to spend too long trying to figure anything out or get reviews. Plus I figured out the help system. Gots to figure that out - absolute necesscity. Tutorials will never be as good as the help (well not in some languages).

Eventually I got tired of vb (and microsoft). Mostly because it was too easy and I had simply out grown it's language structure.

Then started learning turbo pascal in school. Turbo pascal gave me more freedom to "reinvent the wheel" and experiment with different programming structures such as linked lists and files. Plus since it was in MSDOS I could carry my programs around on a floppy(oh the good old days :'( ). Then I went into web development which is pretty easy.

hope that helps.