Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C&W downloading over WAP < 10KB? etc

Post C&W downloading over WAP < 10KB? etc

I got a Nokia 3300 two weeks ago with the half price special that C&W had. I love the phone. I set up wap on it and its working ok and everything. I notice that i cant download any file that is 10 KB or more. Is there any way of getting around this?

Also, is there any way to use the 3300 to connect to the internet. It came with a cable that i can use to load music files and apps.

One more thing, I dont know if anyone knows about this but i have a problem with my "Go to" button (the right selection key). I deleted a bookmark that this go to button went to and now "go to" means reset. I read i have to get the firmware reinstalled, is there anywhere in ja that does stuff like that?

Default Re: C&W downloading over WAP < 10KB? etc

i bought that same fone also..i have internet on mine to but i dont have that prob...i'm sure it could have just been a network prob at that time...try downloading another file from another site..it mite work.

the cable that the fone came with is not able to make u connect on the internet through ur pc..i dont think the fone is capable of doing it at all

the right selection prob...cant u just change the right selection menu?
    menu > settings > right selection key settings > right selection key? not sure tho

Everything that has to do with the right selection key causes the phone to reset. I read on another forum that i would have to get the firmware reinstalled.

So i'm warning you, if u use the right selection key as 'go to' and u have bookmarks there DO NOT DELETE THE BOOKMARKS!!

Oh and about the downloading files over 10 KB or so i keep getting the msg 'The page is too large to send back'

What i want to do is download images from the internet over WAP since i cannot upload to the phone via the cable.

well..i dont really know anything about firmware and those stuff. not really a savvy in that area (but thanx 4 the advice)....and i dont knnow about the 'the page is too large to send back' message. i had a c&w sony ericsson t226 b4 and i got that message on that fone but since i changed the fone (same sim card) i dont get that message..i even download 70 kb games without any probs. i think u should contact cust. service for that .i'm searching for any program i can get to email images to fone..but currently i dont know of any.

Yeah i think i need to contact customer care on this one. I was using my friends phone and he could download large files. I cant download games straight i have to download them on my computer and send them to the phone. That's annoying and time consuming so i hope i can get this problem fixed.

i'm searching for any program i can get to email images to fone..but currently i dont know of any.
    Are these pics on your computer? What i do is make the pics 128 x 128 by cropping and resizing then upload to my website, then i just type the URL for the pic in my wap browser and i'll get it on my phone. Or u can make a wapsite and upload ur pics to it.
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

so u can view those normal sites and the images on those sites on ur fone? i'll try it...what type of site u have?...what's the server?

No i cant view normal sites, but i can type the link to a file on the internet and receive it on my phone. Eg, there might be an image on a website i'm viewing and i want it on my phone. Sometimes when u hover over an image u will see the link for it at the bottom of the browser like

http://www.techjamaica.com/.../.../image.gif

If i type that link in the "go to address" option on my phone, it downloads the image to my phone. I do this for midi files too.

And what i had to do today to get games since i cant download large files is type the link for the game in internet explorer like http://www.tagtag.com/.../Game.jar and when i do that the download box pops up, i download the file then send it to my phone and install it.

I use freewebs.com to host my site. I had this big plan to make a great site with the web design stuff i learnt over the summer but all i really do with it now is upload pics to it so i can download them on my phone.
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!

oh cool...mi neva know dat..thanx,i gonna try it

I called customer care about the 10KB issue. No help. Can u tell me what settings u use for ur wap browser?
    --- Bless, 24 HRS !!