Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Online Study Group

Whats CADI
    sounds good

personally i am interested in doing these http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/security/windowsserver2003.mspx

It seems cadi is the program developed by nothern caribbean universities team imagine cup
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Ok Gentlemen it seems MSN is probably the better way to go as I was informed by a friend. We could try video conferencing or web meeting but will have to research on those a little more as I hear web meeting may just be a paid service but if you have any other options that are better please post in this thread.
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

Cool

ok guys. here is my deal, did my xp cert already and my next exam is 70-290 followed by 291. the way i see it, it makes no sense being certified on software that most companies havent deployed yet as opposed to being certified on stuff that you are actually working with on a day to day basis. if needed, i can always cert up on the new stuff as it becomes necessary, and the new stuff almost always builds onto the old stuff.
    so thats my plan.

the msn plan is cool, i am online pretty near 24/7 these days, so it will be nice to have Constructive company online. as for an option that we can use online, why look further than techjamaica? create a thread in this Education and Certification Thread and use it to log links, post "assignments" and so on. this has the double advantage of being a solid forum that we can check when we need to, and that other interested folks can log onto if they wish informally. the msn contacts will be the more formal grouping.

another idea is to use youtube. there are programs you can use to record the stuff you do on your pc and with the addition of a mic, you can do what you need to. ask questions, demonstrate problems and solutions, etc.

both of these options are free, easy and immediately accessible.

oh, another thing. just because you have been using the programs for years does NOT mean you can sit the exams and pass without preparation. just ask Nestersan. the exams expect you to give the Microsoft prescribed answer, not the ways and means you have evolved. its not enough to know your way, you have to know the 'right answer'.
    also, the format of the questions can throw you, and the exams can be as long as 4 hours. preparation is advised.

ok, so thats my 2 cents.
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

Your thoughts are welcome one. PEEPS that are interested pls pm me your msn addy's the one I have listed here I no longer use.

am interested just let me know what i need to do cool

sgtMac2, acranum, Jamrock I have received no pms from you guys I need your msn addys so we can link up. Thanx.

greatis, what are you talkin about? we spoke yesterday.
    Do nothing which is of no use.
    The Way is in Training.

Quote Originally Posted by Greatis View Post
    sgtMac2, acranum, Jamrock I have received no pms from you guys I need your msn addys so we can link up. Thanx.
    PM sent, just let me know when u ready.. I'm definitely always online

oh zeen is you name Sgtmac sorry