Thread: Anyone using Hamachi?

Question Anyone using Hamachi?

I did a few forum searches and found some outdated posts, I even saw maxhamachi here and I just joined it, but no one is online.
    So... anyone using this thing?
    Also, how the hell do I set up a server with this programme?

-Des
    .::i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS9700 HSF / MSI GTX 760 OC Gaming / ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 / 2x8GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3 / XFX PRO 750W PSU / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD, WD 1x500GB, 1x750GB 1x1,000GB / 2xDVD ODD / Sound Blaster Z / EarForce X12 Surround Headset / Logitech G15 Keyboard & MX518 Mouse / 27" Samsung 1080p HDTV::.

This might be some help to answer some questions.
    Hamachi Help
    I'm not being rude, but you do understand how Hamachi works right? Maxfactor is an OLDE post so you wont find much there. If its for general work then the link I gave you should be helpful enough, but if you want to play games, then ask a more direct type of question and trust me, you'll get a tonne of help.
    Only we can save us.

We have a few active networks, mostly for Call of Duty 4.

Most are full now, but their are some with free space that I don't know cause pezz is the host for them. Get xfire and link mi and I'll send you the networks to join.
    Current Android - OnePlus 7T Pro
    PC Specs - Motherboard: Asus PRIME B560-PLUS | Processor: Intel Core i5-11600K (stock) | Memory: 32 gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4@3200mhz | Video Card: ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 (OC Edition) | Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 2K Monitor | Steam ID -> Powpow

Well i got LAN servers to run properly in Hamachi now, I just changed the proprity of the Hamachi Network Interface and put it first. But I was hoping that the main idea people would get from this thread was that I wanted to know if people were using it. @ KoyoteGambit

Anyway, I just started using it with ma dawg, but ma laptop sucks, so i'm limited to stuff like C&C Generals and Call of Duty 1 (version 1.1 only lol)

Anyone wanna join?

-Des
    .::i7-4770K @ 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS9700 HSF / MSI GTX 760 OC Gaming / ASUS Maximus VI Hero Z87 / 2x8GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3 / XFX PRO 750W PSU / Win 7 Ultimate x64 / Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD, WD 1x500GB, 1x750GB 1x1,000GB / 2xDVD ODD / Sound Blaster Z / EarForce X12 Surround Headset / Logitech G15 Keyboard & MX518 Mouse / 27" Samsung 1080p HDTV::.

I dont want to go outright and say what percentage of TechJa PC users use Hamachi, probably one of the moderators can, but I think its a large amount and not only for gaming as you found out. If your laptop can run Generals smoothly then it should be able to run many more, because I know Generals suck resources. As for older games, search the forum, post a thread or if you want go to planethamachi you should find rooms there available. The Techies here i've met are always moving with the new games: COD4, Gears of War, Kane's Wrath and such.

You don't need Hamachi for COD1 because there are hundreads of cracked servers out there for it. And if you wanna step into the killing game, think about investing in a Gaming Rig
    Only we can save us.

I checked planethamachi already, none of the games I can play have networks, or they are already full. It's just to kill the little free time I get once in a while, I was to get a bad *** HP laptop that can run anything, but it didn't quite work out. I'm too busy with college anyway.

And who said I ran Generals smoothly? Who said I can even run it? lol
    I gotta use a program to limit some of the graphical setting or it to actually start cause it needs Hardware TnL, and ma onboard graphics don't got it. Then when it does start, 800 * 600 resolution with everything on low. It can still play :P

You know how I do with my net browsing, word processing Dell laptop...

-Des