Thread: Gone in 2 Minutes: Mac Gets Hacked First in Contest

Default Gone in 2 Minutes: Mac Gets Hacked First in Contest

It may be the quickest $10,000 Charlie Miller ever earned.

He took the first of three laptop computers -- and a $10,000 cash prize -- Thursday after breaking into a MacBook Air at the CanSecWest security conference's PWN 2 OWN hacking contest.
    Source

Oh well, i thought (like most of you do) that the vista machine would be first to go.

hmmm the only reason mac's have less viruses is simply because less people use them that's all. Nothing is unbreakable
    Confucious says "he who knows not and knows that he knows not, is a child, teach him"

same so boss,..........
    I Now Have the Highest OC on Techja 4.2Ghz
    GekkoState™:Gigabyte X58 Extreme | Intel Core i7 940 OC @ 3.08Ghz cooled by Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 | Corsair Dominator DDR3 -6x2Gig |2 EVGA E-GEFORCE GTX 260 Superclocked 602MHZ 896MB 2.052GHZ GDDR3 In SLI |22"Widescreen Phillip LCD l Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse | 18x + 22x Samsung Sata DVD+RW | Western Digital Caviar 2.8 TB | Antec 1200 Gamer Case | Enermax Galaxy Dxx 1000 Watt Psu | Windows 7 Ultimate

Hahhahahahahahahahahahah... SUCKERZ!!!! Now everybody can see that the over glorified company with their over glorified products don't deserve the hype... Micro$oft and Linux for life!!!
    Click the link if you would like to see a solution to the problems that face humanity; war, hunger, poverty and suffering, crime, inequality, control, corruption and all the other things that negatively affect our planet. www.thevenusproject.com and www.thezeitgeistmovement.com

I googled Charlie Miller and saw he is an Apple Certified Trainer? What did they expect would happen?

Hey if I teach people how to install car alarms, I should know the best ways to override the frequencies and shut them off without the remote.
    Only we can save us.

Don't make excuses, the fun thing about this is that ALL systems are insecure, and just like we M$ users are smart enought to know Gates and Co. chatting **** bout security, Apple fanatics think Jobs speaketh only truth and OSX is the greatest most secure thing in the Universe.

Both Jobs and Gates are evangelists for their products, and just like religion SMART people seperate the wheat from the chaff and don't blindly swallow every peice of crap spouted like it is absolute truth.

It is just as bad as Linux people claiming linux is better than everything else, it AINT. It has its place, as do most things in the industry. Still don't know what place those "3D" Integrated video chipsets from Intel serve though...
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan

Any jack A S S who believes that there is a totally secure OS, shall forever be a jack A S S .... because no such thing exists....not Windows, OS-X, Linux....none of them...
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.