Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flow capping p2p downloads?

Well for those who are saying that they max out their lines as you all should know if you dont have the people to seed it then it can't be maxed so if ya'' lucky and it max then whoop de doo for you but the man still have a prob and its not getting solved. Focus ppl focus.
    Don't let Society Dictate how u live UR life

Its URS live it how u wanna!

Quote Originally Posted by papa_d View Post
    Well for those who are saying that they max out their lines as you all should know if you dont have the people to seed it then it can't be maxed so if ya'' lucky and it max then whoop de doo for you but the man still have a prob and its not getting solved. Focus ppl focus.
    I already did.. He probably has too many connections opened, its a problem with Flow's equipment or something I have already made several post on this forum about the same problem and had dialog with Flow's technicians about it. If he search the forum he will find those post, I dont want to go into details about it cause I'm feeling lazy. The solution is to reduce the total number of tcp connections his p2p progam makes and if hes downloading from fast sources (like private torrent tracker) he will max his connection.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    I already did.. He probably has too many connections opened, its a problem with Flow's equipment or something I have already made several post on this forum about the same problem and had dialog with Flow's technicians about it. If he search the forum he will find those post, I dont want to go into details about it cause I'm feeling lazy. The solution is to reduce the total number of tcp connections his p2p progam makes and if hes downloading from fast sources (like private torrent tracker) he will max his connection.
    Your eplanation seems the most plausible, thanks.

I'm having the same problem too on C&W. When I do a speed test from Speakeasy. I keep getting a constant 20,560 kbps which is my full 20 mbps and about the same on the upstream side. But when I am downloading from Revtt, FTN, LL, iLT, SCT, TB, no matter which one of my private trackers I use I don't get anything more than a 4,701 kbps (587.6 Kbps transfer rate) which is roughly 5 mbps. So I was really pondering the thought, that maybe they are indeed capping p2p downloads. Because all other downloads come through at it's rightful speed. My Client is properly configured and there are more than 20 seeders at any given time, my ratios are in excess of 2.5 with VIP status. So I'm not sure what happening.
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by leoandru View Post
    I figured this out when I had my 128k connect....

re read that, I do the same thing when I dload with flow from torrentz ... if too many TCP connection is open it will actually slow ur torrents down. They are not capping anything.

you guys need to remember all though u get 5mb from flow its not each individual have 5mb connection its actualy shared in the community so its gona fluctuate at times.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

What should the following values be? I'm using Utorrent 1.6.1

Global Maximum Number Of Connections ?
    Maximum Number of Connected peers per torrent ?
    Number of Upload slots per torrent ?

Maybe I am under a false assumption that my utorrent is properly configured when its not...
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

saturated upload speed can slow ur connection. I always put my conn numbers at max to saturate my download speed still. Never had problem but i not on flow. U ppl mus find some good torrent sites... preferably private sites.

utorrent gives me probs, slows or shuts off my net. No idea why.
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    What should the following values be? I'm using Utorrent 1.6.1

Global Maximum Number Of Connections ?
    Maximum Number of Connected peers per torrent ?
    Number of Upload slots per torrent ?

Maybe I am under a false assumption that my utorrent is properly configured when its not...

use this config: global max num of connex: 600
    max num of connected peers:300
    num of upload slots per torrent:30

do not max out ur download speed: set it to 90% of actual speed

The following link has provided me with a good start on the way to obtaining optimal settings for my connection

http://torrentfreak.com/calculate-yo...rent-settings/