Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flow capping p2p downloads?

Default Flow capping p2p downloads?

Last night I noticed no matter what I did or how many downloads I was running would not go past ~ 200 kilobytes per second download. I have a 8 mbit connection, so ran speed test at speedtest.net and flowja speedtest consistently got 8mbit or 1megabyte per second results. I believe they capping p2p service, this is awful as cable and wireless does not do this.
    Last edited by nexus_alpha; Mar 25, 2008 at 06:51 AM.

probably not cause i have 5mb package and was getting 450KB/s for p2p downloads....

Never had this problem...

Quote Originally Posted by nexus_alpha View Post
    Last night I noticed no matter what I did or how many downloads I was running would not go past ~ 200 kilobytes per second download. I have a 8 mbit connection, so ran speed test at speedtest.net and flowja speedtest consistently got 8mbit or 1megabyte per second results. I believe they capping p2p service, this is awful as cable and wireless does not do this.
    No flow dont cap nothing it all depends on ur share ratio which you should know already so it depends on where you downloading from how much person sending you said you do a test do the test now.
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

Maybe you should check to see if the program your using has a download limit set so that it can only download 200k max. That may be what causing your problem.
    Don't let Society Dictate how u live UR life

Its URS live it how u wanna!

doubt it...... maybe upload , but not dl..........
    i gett good DL speeds depends on the site & the amount seeding
    getz mine the fast way, ski-mask way...
    christopher wallace r.i.p.

common problem.. you have too many p2p connections opened.

Yung_Jah Guest

Well it is either they are capping or something else is behind this....even a friend of mine is not getting full speed on his c&w....he has a 1mb connection....though he is seeing 300kb+ when downloading from ordinary site without p2p. On p2p he is getting less than 100kb...most times it is between 50 to 100.

I am not experiencing any problem with my c&w speed. So I am wondering if it is because he just signed up for it...2 mths ago. I applied for mine in 2006.

Yes, he is getting 300+....no lie....something strange there...and that only happens when he is downloading from sites like microsoft, download.com and others.
    Last edited by Yung_Jah; Mar 25, 2008 at 09:07 PM.

lol? are u ppl on crack? u guys ever thought that the p2p jus cant dish out the 8mb? I have my 5mb connect, and I use rapidshare (i have an account) and download manager and I get MORE than my 5mb.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_WOW View Post
    lol? are u ppl on crack? u guys ever thought that the p2p jus cant dish out the 8mb? I have my 5mb connect, and I use rapidshare (i have an account) and download manager and I get MORE than my 5mb.
    I have Flow 8 MB and I can max my connection on torrents easily.