Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PC game developer has radical message: ignore the pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Ropy View Post
    I was gonna ask you how you came by the conclusion that it game wasn't worth $49.99, then I looked on steam and saw Unreal Deal Pack:
    • Unreal 2: The Awakening $9.95
    • Unreal Gold $9.95
    • Unreal Tournament 2004: Editor's Choice Edition $14.95
    • Unreal Tournament 3 $49.95
    • Unreal Tournament: Game of the Year Edition $9.95
    Individually, all these games would cost $94.75 but they can afford to sell the entire package for $59.95. This goes to show that developers can more and sell their games for less than $50.
    Old games. The ut3 new and still worth 50 or a little less. The others probably not selling well enough and can pass as freebie to make likkle more money. After they think the market for a game is saturated they can do whatever.

One thing tho is the price of the orange box which has 3 games in it. Thats a deal... maybe. But considering every game in it came from the same engine etc... maybe they had more room for pricing
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Azix Solutions.
    All rights reserved.

Dropbox: http://db.tt/8qVS35lo

all new games always cost $40-$50 and i dont see that changing any time soon, long and short if a game is fun and has features that require you to buy it then it will sell

There is a simple solution, further more games are ****ing overpriced. I bought a LEGAL and legit CD Key for BF2 online for $20.00. I dwnlaoded the courier edition. Used my legal registered with EA key and was playing.

EA for example, knows that only Rich countries has enough disposable income for $50 games, so they sell the games in other markets for much less. M$ does it too.

The guy I bought my copy from for $20 was making a profit RESELLING the EA licenses. So imagine how much he paid?

1: Create an image of your game.
    2: Create CD Keys for customers who will pay and will get support etc.
    2.5: Create a "free" version supported by in game ads etc, with no tech support except for user forums.
    3: Bittorent the media
    4: Save a bunch of money bypassing the brick and mortars.
    Let Them Hate, So Long As They Fear.
    You do not know whereof you speak,and your words are empty things.
    Listen and gain Wisdom.

http://twitter.com/nestersan