Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crystal Reports

Quote Originally Posted by Gnostic View Post
    crystal is the best!
    Crystal is always the best until deployment... thats when u have the headache.

Quote Originally Posted by CGPGroup View Post
    Have any of you guys tried Crystal reports with .NET
    theres also Reporting Services, which is really free and you have no deployment issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ToxXxic View Post
    Crystal reports with .Net is what Norminator is talking about, .... he tried it
    hope this is for a school project or else ur in for an unpleasant experience... but there are answers for most of the crystal report deployment issues here, just search when u reach them.
    Cultured in Aggression and Koding like a Warrior!!
    “Common sense is instinct. Enough of it is genius.” - George Bernard Shaw.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved by the same level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

hope this is for a school project or else ur in for an unpleasant experience... but there are answers for most of the crystal report deployment issues here, just search when u reach them.
    In my experience only Windows vista gives deployments issues with crystal reports (built in .net). from win 98 up to XP works just fine. I still need to deploy it for vista tho.... anyone?
    Code King aka Code WizZzard: Motivated By The Challenge, Driven By The Will To Succeed.

In The Land Of Programmers, The Code WizZzard Is KING. Sen on anything VB

Quote Originally Posted by icymint3 View Post
    Crystal is always the best until deployment... thats when u have the headache.

theres also Reporting Services, which is really free and you have no deployment issues.

school project lol its for deployment at an organisation and as toxxic explained there were no deployment issues and I have never had any.
    The greatest discovery of all men through lifetime is that a man can alter his life by altering his attitude!

In my experience only Windows vista gives deployments issues with crystal reports (built in .net). from win 98 up to XP works just fine. I still need to deploy it for vista tho.... anyone?
    I've actually started .net with Vista in early Feb, I started .net in only in Dec, so I should have crystal reports covered by the end of this month for vista.

But in all honesty, All my reports have been done using Data Report, simple and easy to manipulate even with photos
    Only we can save us.

Quote Originally Posted by KoyoteGambit View Post
    I've actually started .net with Vista in early Feb, I started .net in only in Dec, so I should have crystal reports covered by the end of this month for vista.
    When you have finished learning then let me know if you have issues deploying it on Vista

But in all honesty, All my reports have been done using Data Report, simple and easy to manipulate even with photos
    Is this in .Net or VB6?
    Code King aka Code WizZzard: Motivated By The Challenge, Driven By The Will To Succeed.

In The Land Of Programmers, The Code WizZzard Is KING. Sen on anything VB

Is this in .Net or VB6?
    vb6, I started .net in Dec, so all my apps are still in vb6 until I'm comfortable with .net
    Only we can save us.

Quote Originally Posted by KoyoteGambit View Post

The crystal reports that I did were also with photos, adding a little code
    The greatest discovery of all men through lifetime is that a man can alter his life by altering his attitude!