Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on NCB Internet Banking

I use the service to pay bills, transfer and check balance quite often
    I have no great prob the annoying back button when it log me out I got use to it and avoid it but I would like to see is my omni in detail rather than just a summary, don't know if its possible or because is insurance, and also couldnt we pay omni online, its long time I haven't withdraw money from it but do we have come in if yes y couldnt we request a cheque online

Quote Originally Posted by CyVan View Post
    I use E-Link a fair amount.
    My Issues are...

1) Speed , its really slow sometimes. especially login but that has improved a bit
    2) No Back Button, ANNOYING esp since it forces a log out if u accidentally do press it. This particularly bad since I use one of the extra buttons on my mouse for back so I do it instinctively
    3) Alpha SORTED PAYEE LIST, Why oh why in the WORLD isn't the payee list sorted and if , as u stated the search is case sensitive it makes the whole thing nearly useless since u now have to go thru the WHOLE list to find ur payee. The fact that this operation is also very slow makes it even worse.
    4) Ability to transfer to other NCB account belonging to other people. THIS one would be nice but I see the security implications of this esp if ur account gets compromised.
    5) Withdrawal Triggers. I would love this one. With all the fraud going around with duplicated/stolen Debit cards it'd be great if we could set up an SMS alert that would notify us whenever a transaction over a certain amount is withdrawn from the account. So, if all of a sudden someone withdraws, say 20g from my account I'll get an SMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    Responses:

1) This is priority number 1 for one and we hope to make major strides very soon
    2) I feel your pain man. I hope to have a meeting with the relevant persons to discuss the pros and cons of having these navigational buttons disabled, I for one don't see the need.
    3) The sorting has actually been corrected already but first have to be signed off by the Quality Assurance team before implementation - my estimate is that this should be implemented by end of next week.
    4) One of the features that should come when we upgrade
    5) This already exists, go to Alerts --> Configure Alerts --> Large Amount Credited/Debited and enter the amount you consider a Large amount transaction. If you have changed ur cell phone number then you might want to update your records with us.

Seanbee are there any update on items 2 & 4?
    Another thing after reading your post regarding item 5 i went ahead and set it up as you instructed on my elink account however i wasn't getting any alerts via my cell phone on withdrawal or deposits over the stated amount so i called customer care who informed me that that feature has not yet been enabled could you advise on this?
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

Unfortunately no real updates on any of the issues

Focus has somewhat been shifted to another project which should yield higher benefits to both NCB and its customers however there are still plans to upgrade the application if not end of this year then early next year which will bring about some really exciting features (I myself can't wait for some of them to be implemented).

On the alerts issue, the service was disabled for a period but as far as I know it was reactivated; in fact I am looking at the last board report which shows that the service was running for the month of May.

PM me your username and mobile number so that I can confirm that your profile has the right number configured.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    Unfortunately no real updates on any of the issues

Focus has somewhat been shifted to another project which should yield higher benefits to both NCB and its customers however there are still plans to upgrade the application if not end of this year then early next year which will bring about some really exciting features (I myself can't wait for some of them to be implemented).

On the alerts issue, the service was disabled for a period but as far as I know it was reactivated; in fact I am looking at the last board report which shows that the service was running for the month of May.

PM me your username and mobile number so that I can confirm that your profile has the right number configured.
    well after my previous post i called today again and the rep again informed me that the feature was deactivated, anyway i sent you the PM as well
    MATADOR: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, C2Q Q9400 @ 3.4GHz, ZALMAN CNPS9500, 6GB GSkill, Crucial C300 SSD 128GB, 2x 2TB WD Caviar Black, Diamond HD5850, 2x Plextor DVD+RW, RAIDMAX Scoprio 668WBP Case, Rosewill Xtreme Series RX850-D-B 850W, Dell E228FP WideScreen 22", Logitech Z-2300, Windows 7 Pro x64

well i dont really have any probs with it, execpt the whole back button issue, i mainly use it to check my balance, took me a while to add a payee,

its quiet good, cause my company clients uses it to pay their insurance premiums
    STGC 4 LIFE __________________95-2000
    Blackberry 9550
    blackberry 0 (active)
    BLACKBERRY ALLIANCE MEMBER

Personally I don't like the NCB e-banking service. Reason being it is not customer friendly and yes I know it is all about security but it reminds me so much of Vista in that you have to enter 2 different types of passwords to get a transaction done and this is a guy who did 6 years at NCB as a Teller. I think they should take a page out of Scotia's book and move with times. Oh, let commend NCB though on one of their e-offering and that is there phone card system where you buy Digicel or C&W credit directly from your account. That is more user friendly and far more efficient than there online banking.
    Ricardo Barrett
    Jesus+Education=Success
    BBM ME @ 7A70FCE3
    Whatsapp 1(876) 783-8991

Quote Originally Posted by barrettrs View Post
    Personally I don't like the NCB e-banking service. Reason being it is not customer friendly and yes I know it is all about security but it reminds me so much of Vista in that you have to enter 2 different types of passwords to get a transaction done and this is a guy who did 6 years at NCB as a Teller. I think they should take a page out of Scotia's book and move with times. Oh, let commend NCB though on one of their e-offering and that is there phone card system where you buy Digicel or C&W credit directly from your account. That is more user friendly and far more efficient than there online banking.
    i guess its your opinion still but to me scotia's online banking is inferior to NCB's by far....from the way it looks to the features but a preference is a preference.
    1nsp1ron: Core 2 Duo T5450 1.66 GHz 2MB L2|GM965 Express|2 GB DDR2 667|70.1 GB SATA|DVD±RW|14.1 TFT Display|Intel GMA X3100|Windows 7 Ultimate

To begin with, I should probably thank NCB for changing the ridiculous password policy. I often forgot my password because I had to change it so often, and this prevented me from evening signing into the system because I was too annoyed!

At the moment, I only have one issue with NCB's ebanking - SPEED! Or lac thereof. That is not to say I may not have other things that I would like to see improved. At first glance, it seems to have more features and a much better interface than Scotia's Internet Banking. However, after my first venture into NCB's online banking, I crossed it off because it was just too slow. I would forget what I was doing by time pages loaded.

I opened an NCB account for the first time about 3 1/2 years ago because my employer banks with NCB (therefore I'd get paid quicker). When I first got my account, I immediately signed up and tried eBanking. I struggled with the speed for a few days (blaming my internet connection). Eventually I realized the system was plain slow and it was no fault of my internet connection. I now have a 15MBit connection and it still takes me minutes to log in. This is completely unacceptable.

Furthermore, I have seen no improvements since I first tried it 3 1/2 years ago. Maybe you shaved off ten seconds. But when the time it takes to load pages is measured in dozens of seconds, 10 seconds doesn't register. The application just FEELS slow. And I am convinced (after 3 1/2 years of trying) that it IS slow. Because of the speed issues, I've only used to it login and check if I got paid. I even gave up and using it to examine transaction history. It's just too slow.

The speed of eBanking is a deal breaker for me. I'm changing job in a few weeks. And I've already opened a ScotiaBank account. Their eBanking is much faster. As a matter of fact, the speed of the ebanking application is a big factor in what makes me a Scotia customer right now. I got my credit card from Scotia because of this - its faster to pay my credit card bill, or any other bill.

I'm an IT person, so I know what goes on behind the scenes (all the security constraints etc. that impact performance). But that doesn't mean I am going to tolerate slow service. Spend the time and money to make the system fast.
    Last edited by nder; Jul 14, 2008 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Added commendation
    The answer you seek is *+5,2*3,2
    Check out my blog: http://rants.andreobrown.com

the speed seems to be much better for me now that it was three years ago.

I too used to click on a page and just give up coz it took too long to processes but it is way better now.

@nder: it seems to be a problem with firefox though, if you scan through the ncb threads you will see they say its fine on ie. I've tested it and it's very fast in ie

My only problem is that I use linux so ie isnt an option for me 95% of the time.

The fastest part of NCB elink is the logout process :-), i guess because its the only thing that does not require accessing the database
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift ... that is why it is called the present