Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on NCB Internet Banking

Post Feedback on NCB Internet Banking

Hello my fellow Tech-Jamaicans, this thread is being started to once again get feedback on NCB's Internet Banking web application as we continually work to create a better experience with our Online customers.

This thread essentially is a part 2 to this thread: http://www.techjamaica.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51339.

Basically I am kindly asking those persons here who use the application to again post your feedback on your recent experiences with the application.

As I had previously stated then we plan to upgrade the application this year and your feedback will assist us in determining what areas we should focus on so kindly use your voice here to help us in creating a more user friendly and functional application.

Based on feedback I.T. has received from our Customer Care Unit, complaints made via that medium has decreased significantly so I am really excited to hear the opinions of my fellow techies to see if the same trend holds true here.

Feel free to post your opinions or pm me if you so desire.
    Device: iPhone® 4S OS: v5
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

Well my two cents

Add VMBS and JN as payees (two largest mortage providers)

Add ability to transfer funds to other banks that customers have accounts with e.g. Scotia, First Caribbean

Increase the 5 payee limit per bill payment transaction to 15

repeat from last thread-Financial Software such as Quicken use a standard interface called Quicken Web connect, will NCB support this in the near future. This permits the software to directly talk to your servers and perform transactions etc. as opposed to the simple download facility you have called "download to MSMoney"

Preprogrammed bill payments - Scotia has this, u guys need to follow

Thanks for the feedback.

PS: A so much bills you want to pay at once???? 15????? Being honest I doubt that that will fly but I will still note it in the report I am preparing.
    POWERED By: LIME 3G

1. Do something about the speed. It's extremely slow from my desktop at work.
    2. The restriction where I cannot use my browser's back button is a bit annoying. When I use online banking from Bank of America or WAMU, that restriction does not exist and makes navigating their sites so much easier.

That's it for now.

Is it possible for the application to facilitate
    1. the purchase of phone cards
    2. international wire transfers, (i.e no need to visit a branch)

Quote Originally Posted by seanbee20 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

PS: A so much bills you want to pay at once???? 15????? Being honest I doubt that that will fly but I will still note it in the report I am preparing.
    Actually yes it can be quite inconvenient to have to do it four times, my breakdown is

4 phone accounts
    3 Courts accounts
    3 JPS accounts
    2 NWC accounts
    Security Company
    Cable Company
    2 Credit Card Accounts
    MailPac
    Insurance Premium

can't be bothered to put anymore!

Well, i'ld like to say thanks for the Firefox improvements.

Bill Payment - Find a payee... i was abit lost as what to do there. Searched for "Cable" (payee) and couldnt find "Cable & Wireless or C&W..

Credit Card - why cant i request a temporary/ permanent increase in credit limit? The option is there but it has never worked for me..

One thing that's always bugged me.. why cant i hit the back button to go back?

i never got to try out the service. i went on the site and never saw anything about banking then someone told me the service was no longer. It be nice if we had paypal service too
    knowledge is not limited to one persons point of view as a result learning take place, also confrontations
    Digicel
    The Bigger, Better, Network.

Confucius say.. man who smoke pot, choke on handle.
    Confucius say.. man who raise hands to angry child, leave groin exposed.
    Confucius say.. man who pull woman's bra strap, may get bust in face.
    Confucius say.. man who put face in punchbowl, get punch in nose.
    Confucius say.. foolish man give wife grand piano, wise man give wife upright organ.

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Because of the following:

Properly dealing with use of the browser Back button is a typical problem in web applications. When a user uses the back button, there is a danger that he / she will see stale data or data that is out of sync with the state on the server. This problem cannot be solved in general since the back button accesses the history maintained by the browser and the HTTP/1.1 specification does not mandate a refresh in this case...

Most of the popular browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer) do not strictly follow the specs and also refresh the data when using the back button, provided the appropriate HTTP headers have been set to disable any caching.
    Reference

Quote Originally Posted by Virus View Post
    Well, i'ld like to say thanks for the Firefox improvements.

Bill Payment - Find a payee... i was abit lost as what to do there. Searched for "Cable" (payee) and couldnt find "Cable & Wireless or C&W..

Credit Card - why cant i request a temporary/ permanent increase in credit limit? The option is there but it has never worked for me..

Hi Virus, thanks for pointing out that observation about the Find a payee option. I just tested it and realized that the search is case sensitive. Will have this addressed shortly.

Yes the option is there to request an increase for Credit Cards but like you said it is not working properly now (I think the message shown to the user is Host Not Available) - the networking team is working on this and I expect it to be resolved by end of next week.

The browser navigation buttons were disabled for some reason (really I don't know why). In my report I submitted to management, I pointed this out as a major nuisance and something that forces users to navigate the application using methods most are not comfortable with - hopefully they will accept this and will approve the change.

Just to also update those interested, after reviewing the release notes for the new version of the application I noticed a lot features that some persons here were asking about so better days ahead.
    Last edited by seanbee20; Apr 26, 2008 at 03:15 PM.