Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: need some help with the iPhone and web browsing

jomo Guest

ive read alot of crap about this, im fed up, need someone to do it for me, im too lazy, i tried converting in audacity, but it nuh seem like it a go as planned, lol

got this from a site:

Put m4r files into a ringtones folder on my desktop
    Opened iTunes
    Edit > Preferences > Advanced
    Check “Keep iTunes Music folder organized”
    Check “Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library”
    Create playlist called “Ringtones” in iTunes
    Drag the Ringtones folder from my desktop to the playlist I created in iTunes
    Made sure they appeared when in the list on the Ringtones tab in iTunes
    Opened the “Ringtones” folder that iTunes created in \Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Ringtones
    Renamed all the m4r files to m4a
    Try to sync but it fails because it cannot find the m4r files (this is good)
    Look at playlist created in iTunes with a bunch of X’s next to each ringtone
    Double click each ringtone (hit browse for the file, and selected each m4a file from the folder in my \Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Ringtones)
    Hit sync again
    Verify they are in your Settings>Sounds>Ringtones

Whole heep a work dat yo.
    Just tried the cnet ting and that didn't work at all either.
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

If you were on mac you could use garageband and convert em an send em to itunes as ringtones I havent had to do it in windows so I have no experience with it, though I think ibrickr did it (it converts it for you too if memory serves me correctly).

Now you see why I don't use mp3 ringtones on the iPhone... I Just cannot bother with the whole heap of converting....the default ringtones are fine for me.... "Digital"
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cultus View Post
    Now you see why I don't use mp3 ringtones on the iPhone... I Just cannot bother with the whole heap of converting....the default ringtones are fine for me.... "Digital"
    LOL.. No Cultus man, i can't deal with these tones, Especially that "Digital".

I got two other that i got with a store gift card still so i'm not that bad.

I think we using the wrong format of itunes and phone firmware. Video i watched said it had to be 7.5 somthin for itunes and 1.1.2 for iphone, so i guess there's the prob.

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    If you were on mac you could use garageband and convert em an send em to itunes as ringtones I havent had to do it in windows so I have no experience with it, though I think ibrickr did it (it converts it for you too if memory serves me correctly).
    Will iBricker work with fm 1.1.3?
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Apr 2, 2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

jomo Guest

lol, it nah really bother me as is my bmobile, and it hardly rings... but still want to sort it out... its a HEADACHE though, so ill need someone to do it for me...

until then its on vibrate... lol

techie princess where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    lol, it nah really bother me as is my bmobile, and it hardly rings... but still want to sort it out... its a HEADACHE though, so ill need someone to do it for me...

until then its on vibrate... lol

techie princess where are you?
    what a waste of money pssshhh if you just listen
    We sell only the latest and the best product and we don't have only one in stock so never be afraid to buy CONTACT US @ 3631007 OR BBM 7A0E8BF1

jomo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by hv_thugg View Post
    what a waste of money pssshhh if you just listen
    lol, yu REALLY couldnt come with sumn better than this? im in love with my iphone, i can do things i didnt DREAM i could do on a phone... you think i care if i can use mp3 ringtones yet?

it doesnt even ring! as its a bmobile... lol

i want ANOTHER iphone for my digi... a black one... then ill definately need the ringtones, but until then, im totally satisfied

in fact it SURPASED my expectations...

installer... is like a dream come true!

i have 2 levels on my phone! when im paving a road i take out my phone put it on the asphalt an seh 'DI WATER A RUN DA WAY DEH!'

di place MASH UP!!!

Ok first of all you have to have the lastest itunes....secondly I have 1.1.4 so im not sure if that makes a diff. Anyway you need sumn to cut the mp3 to exactly 30 secs or a lil below...then you put tht 30 sec mp3 into itunes, right click and select convert to ACC then you drag the new ACC converted file to your desktop, then delete the other files you used in itunes (both 30 secs) then you right click and change the extension from what ever it is on your desktop to m4r then drag it to the ringtone sect of itunes...plug in an sync and u gud to go. It really works I have like 12 mp3 ringtones right now and the quality is awsum. OH i use nero wave cutter to cut my mp3s. Hope it helps JOMO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    ouch, i did a google search and im even more confused now, how do i convert aac to .mr4 or sumn like that? im trying to figure it out but cant!
    Jomo u are not converting realy....just change the extension!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Arch_Angel; Apr 2, 2008 at 11:19 AM. Reason: merged multiple posts

jomo Guest

lol, I tried that on audacity, but mi can badda, need someone to do it, I have the latest iTunes, but I'm on 1.1.3 so maybe that's it? I dunno, when I have time I'll pay someone to do it I guess