Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: need some help with the iPhone and web browsing

Cool need some help with the iPhone and web browsing

by far this is the most enjoyable mobile browser I've used and loving the keyboard and spell correction. Just one thing I've realized is that since the upgrade to 1.1.4 when I go to sites like techja and select to remember my log in it doesnt so if anyone can tell then please help. Maybe its a setting problem will check but not certain and don't want to do no damage.
    DEO DUCE QAEURE OPTIMA: sigillum scholae ardenniensis

Quote Originally Posted by docdibble View Post
    by far this is the most enjoyable mobile browser I've used and loving the keyboard and spell correction. Just one thing I've realized is that since the upgrade to 1.1.4 when I go to sites like techja and select to remember my log in it doesnt so if anyone can tell then please help. Maybe its a setting problem will check but not certain and don't want to do no damage.
    lol... it's not considered a mobile browser man...its a full blown web browser...notice that it never loads wap sites like other browsers do... anyways.... sorry I can't help...I aint using 1.1.4 toyanucci nuh convince me enough yet to upgrade...... as soon as he sees this he'll help you..
    To Know, Dare, Will and Keep Silent.

Haven't used that firmware either nor am i convinced to do so. If i can remember, everytime i visit TJ on the iphone i'm always signed in... Check to see if cookies are allowed in the browser settings.
    Zee
    -----
    To find yourself, think for yourself © Socrates 469 BC

Try another site and tell me the results as mine saves the password for all the sites I visit and I haven't heard anyone else with this problem. Try going to Settings, General, Safari, Accept cookies and tick "From Visited." If its already ticked, try ticking "Always" instead, then go back to Settings, General, Safari and clear history, cookies and cache.

Also, remember if you been clearing the cookies then it will delete the passwords etc you have saved.

let me know how its working out

Quote Originally Posted by techdude View Post
    Haven't used that firmware either nor am i convinced to do so. If i can remember, everytime i visit TJ on the iphone i'm always signed in... Check to see if cookies are allowed in the browser settings.
    What FW you on Techdude?

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    What FW you on Techdude?
    I'm on 1.1.3..............
    Zee
    -----

Then you should go to 1.1.4 1.1.4 is basically a fix for some probs 1.1.3 had, like the sms out of order thing to name just one (LOL). The battery life is much improved as well, especially over 1.1.2 and all FW b4. I used to get about a day with 1.1.2 as I am usually on wifi a good 5 hrs out of the day plus sms-ing and calls. With the same usage, I now get about 2 to 2.5 days now.

Anyhow, docdibble, let us know how it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by toyanucci View Post
    Then you should go to 1.1.4 1.1.4 is basically a fix for some probs 1.1.3 had, like the sms out of order thing to name just one (LOL). The battery life is much improved as well, especially over 1.1.2 and all FW b4. I used to get about a day with 1.1.2 as I am usually on wifi a good 5 hrs out of the day plus sms-ing and calls. With the same usage, I now get about 2 to 2.5 days now...
    I'm gonna pounder my brain on that one. Cause really i got no such probs at all except for the battery life. I only do like 1.5 days nowadays and not even make a call. Music and WIFi... Honestly i've nevr went to 2.5 days on a single charge with 1.1.2. and as u kno it not gonna happen for this 1.1.3.

EDIT: Oh i also have prob when some of my album art are missed match with other songs/videos. i usually take off the songs and put them back on to solve this.
    Last edited by techdude; Mar 18, 2008 at 11:22 AM.
    Zee
    -----

Never had album art prob, that sound like a iTunes thing.

jomo Guest

so these a the problems I can look forward to... lovely