Thread: wierd asp.net validator problem

keroed1 Guest

Default wierd asp.net validator problem

i have a form and for a few of the text boxes i have validators on them both required and compare validators and whenever i click my save buttons it triggers the validators correctly and they show hat required field is missing and so on, however if i for example i select a drop down list or anything that causes a post back to the server to do some function probly to filter or set some values. the validators stop showing up on the screen they still work in the sense that when i click save t still does do anything because all the required fields are not filled out but the annoying thing is that at this point it no longer displays the validation summary or error message or anything indicating where on the page is not valid, it works fine once i don't do anything to the page that triggers a postback but once something like that happens it doesn't work until i close the window completely and start over.

has anyone ever encountered this or know of a work around?

What's happening is that the state of the validation control is not being saved during round trips. Ensure that the EnableViewState property is set to true.
    'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'

Follow Me: @psybuck2002us

try setting EnableClientScript to "False" for the validation controls including the validation summary control.
    www.pixJM.com - View and upload photos/videos of what's currently happening in the streets of Jamaica.